5.3.3 client cannot update country/region

Si

Yes I have a custom theme but before I reported this here I checked it in the modern template and not once, but twice on two different servers on two different WHMCS websites I run. both running 5.3.3

I wanted to know it wasn't a template issue or a whmcs issue. It may not be specific to 5.3.3 but this is the first I've seen it.

Edited by Si

Si,

in general settings -> other... do you have "Country" and "State" ticked in the "Locked Client Profile Fields" checkboxes ?

I can reproduce your error when they're ticked and locked (says changes saved but remains as previous), but if I disable the locks, then the changes are saved correctly.

i've tried this on my custom theme and also default - result is the same for both.

brian! i had indeed the country lock on, but not the state. Removing the lock on the country solved the issue. Thanks.

However, this raises another question. I have other fields locked, and they ARE locked at client side. ie they are read only. I never dreamt of looking at the settings because I expected the fields to be uneditable, the same as the other locked fields. Maybe this is something that needs looked at. Maybe it's a template issue and so I'll have a look at it later. Thanks.