v5.2.5 - Special character (£) prevents message in ticket replies/creation

Vox

Hi,

In v5.2.5 when replying to a sales ticket and including the GBP sign (i.e. £) the message is not entered into the ticket. An empty or blank response is sent by email and although the ticket status is updated to "Answered" the ticket log also shows the empty or blank response.

To test this I tried creating a ticket which included the £ sign and received an error:

Validation Error

You must enter a message for the ticket

Regards

• 1 month later...

I seem to be having the same problem, seeing that replies are not going through and just getting an empty ticket.

Just tested this, removed all £ from the message and it then went through... The bugs are getting ridiculous now.

Note, seeing this on V5.1.9

Edited by dansgalaxy

• 2 weeks later...

Update for info.

Changing System Charset to UTF-8 resulted in an "unrecognised" character where the £ sign used to be on invoices etc.

Resolved by going to Setup > Payments > Currencies and changing the symbol for this "unrecognised" character to the £ sign.

Also had a couple of similar instances in some of the amended email templates, so just edited those.

Could a moderator change this thread to "NOT A BUG".