Checkin/Feedback Addon

Operator

Hi,

That's correct action hooks are from 4.0+ I believe.

Hmm i didn't think of that at the time.

Anyone that requires a backwards compatible one for version 3.x send me a pm

Hi,

I am having problem on the Version 4. I install the Feedback email Version 2 and I did not received from cron saying feedback email being send even though there is one customer who actually sign up in my testing.

I actually download the file from the whmcs client area. Is that one a latest download file?

Please help.

Adeline

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Apparently this addon is broken....

My screenshot shows it still says you have to use a cron job and it doesn't send any emails at all.

Feedback Email

To enable the Feedback email to run, make sure you set up a cron job to run once per day at the time you want the emails to be sent.

• 1 month later...
Operator, this new version does not show you the cron.

do i still need to make a cron? and which file to link to?

He already answered this.

Hi Keith,

2.0 does not use a cron job at all if you are seeing something telling you to set a cron job when navigating to it i would think you have the wrong version of the files. Download them again and re follow the installation steps. Keep in mind that 2.0 does not use a cron job at all instead uses the action hook.

- Vincent

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I keep reading about this addon no longer requiring cron. I downloaded the latest version from the authors site and the script still refers to cron in several places. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but I wanted to be clear that v2.0 is the latest?

- To enable the Feedback email to run, make sure you set up a cron job to run once per day at the time you want the emails to be sent.

- Would you like to recieve a cron report

- Allow http access to cron

• 1 month later...
what is wrong with you people? i make some addons to use myself and i decide some other people might find it useful so i release it to the public and all people do is criticise about how i have encoded my work so people cant rip it off. If you don't like how its encoded or don't like my module then don't use it. If this is all I get for helping people on this forum then I will no longer do so.

Well said. Choose to use it or choose not to.

• 2 weeks later...

To test it I set "Days After signup to send out emails" to "1" and then run the cron php -q /home/user/public_html/support/admin/cron.php but I get email with

Feedback Email Cron for: Sat, 31 Jul 10 22:55:35 +0100

No Users for that date

Cron run complete

© Operator 2009 || Version 2.0

It should be being sent out to loads of clients. Why isn't it working? :oops:

So I installed the mod. How do I get the mod to send e-mail out to all registered users since WHMCS was installed?

I've tried loads of mods at WHMCS and think the only one I ever got to work without any problems was the Free Trials Mod by the Owner of LCWSoft.

I hope a decent Newsletter and Feedback/Review section is added to WHMCS. I'm surprised they haven't been added already.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the first downlink the most current one? or does one need to go through the entire thread?

THis sounds like a great idea! I hope it works for me too!

Hi,

This module will send an email to a client x days from the date they signed up. You could use this email to gather feedback from the client about the order process or product, could also be used to offer clients upgrades promotions to entice them to add features to their existing product etc.

INSTALL

1.) Upload the unzipped feedback_emal folder to /public_html/whmcs/modules/admin/

2.) Navigate to the file via whmcs ie: Utilities > Addon modules > Feedback Email

3.) Enter a whmcs admin username and password for the cron to be able to send the emails out via the api.

4.) Edit the Feedback Email template in the email templates page however you want it.

5.) Set the cron to run whenever you want the emails to be sent out.

Any questions let me know.

[idea based on from Daniel: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18486]

Screen Shot:

feedbackemails.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Your decision to encode this script prevents me from being able to modify it to suit my purpose and improve the script or fork its development. So I will waste time coding it myself and repeating many of the same bugs that you have resolved. What exactly are you concerned about? What have you lost if someone else copies your script and changes it? The principles of FOSS are so powerful, please reconsider!