Checkin/Feedback Addon

Operator

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New version 1.2 has been released:

Get It here

It will auto upgrade you from any version you have currently.

Changes include:

-Denied http access to cron.php (people can no longer stumble upon your cron file running it from a browser can only be run via cron)

-Fixed possible issue MarcAlle reported

-Fixed where if had active clients and active products selected it would take active clients and not check if product was also active

-General housekeeping of code

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Version 2.0 is here!

Download here

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHANGES:

-No longer requires API

-Now only sends cron reports to those selected for system emails

-Using action hook to attach to WHMCS cron rather than having a separate one

-Changed the way emails are sent to clients to be more reliable

-Added some diagnostic features that will display errors to the admin

-You can now choose not to send the emails to the client but still have the cron report come to you. Useful if you wish to contact them personally.

-Can choose whether to allow http access for running the cron.

-Now totals how many emails were sent in the cron so you can easily see how many clients were due that day.

-Fixed unauthorised cron email saying Newsletter instead of FeedbackEmails

-Minor GUI enhancements for 4.0

IMPORTANT NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

New Installations:

1. Unzip files

2. Login to your whmcs sites ftp navigate to the includes/hooks folder

3. Upload the feedback_email_hook.php file to this folder

4. Navigate to the modules/admin folder and create a new one called feedback_email

5. Upload the feedback_email.php file to the modules/admin/feedback_email folder

6. Login to your WHMCS admin area of your website and navigate to Utilities>Addon Modules>Feedback Email

7. Click the install button

8. Configure the settings how you wish.

Upgrading from previous versions:

1. Unzip files

2. Login to your whmcs sites ftp navigate to the includes/hooks folder

3. Upload the feedback_email_hook.php file to this folder

4. Navigate to the modules/admin/feedback_email folder and upload the new feedback_email.php file

5. Delete the cron.php file thats inside the modules/admin/feedback_email folder

6. Remove the cron entry for the old cron.php feedback emails script from Cpanel or your Crontab

7. Login to your WHMCS admin area of your website and navigate to Utilities>Addon Modules>Feedback Email

8. The script will automatically upgrade your version upon visiting the page and you should see the version change to 2.0 at the bottom of the page.

9. Done!

Extra

Should you get stuck or need some help visit the forum thread:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18683

Also if anyone has any suggestions to make please also post them in the forum and I may incorporate them in a future release.

Cheers

Rob

a.k.a Operator

Copyright © 2009 Operator. All Rights Reserved

Download here

Edited by Operator

Confused!

We upgraded to ver. 2.0; followed the directions including removing the cron.php. When I log into the Admin Portal >> Addons >> Feedback Emails. I see "To enable the Feedback email to run, make sure you set up a cron job to run once per day at the time you want the emails to be sent." We created a cron to run the feedback_email. When we run a "test" and cron we get an error

The cron that we run is: php -q /home/***username***/public_html/***whmcs_root_dir***/modules/admin/feedback_email/feedback_email.php

The cron report (from cPanel) shows us:

You can't access this file directly...

I am sure I missed something, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Keith,

2.0 does not use a cron job at all if you are seeing something telling you to set a cron job when navigating to it i would think you have the wrong version of the files. Download them again and re follow the installation steps. Keep in mind that 2.0 does not use a cron job at all instead uses the action hook.

We installed the module in WHMCS, but it doesn't seems to work. We do get a copy of the cron report. But mail is not being sent to any of the active users in WHMCS. Could you please let us know what could be the possible reasons for this. Also please tell us if we need to install any additional packages before we can get the module working.

We installed the module in WHMCS, but it doesn't seems to work. We do get a copy of the cron report. But mail is not being sent to any of the active users in WHMCS. Could you please let us know what could be the possible reasons for this. Also please tell us if we need to install any additional packages before we can get the module working.

What does the cron report say? i.e is the cron report saying it is sending to clients? How many? What version of whmcs are you using? The module requires no special features other than what whmcs uses providing you are using v4.0+ you may contact me via pm so we can discuss the particular details of your problem rather than on this public forum.

Cheers

I am running 2.0 and get the daily emails about the script running. However, every day I get:

Feedback Email Cron for: Tue, 29 Sep 09 07:05:19 -0500

No Users for that date

Cron run complete

I do have new active clients with active products matching the 3 days after signup criteria in the configuration of the module. Any suggestions?

I even ordered something myself, waited 3 days, and never received an email to my personal email address.