Checkin/Feedback Addon

Operator

Hi,

This module will send an email to a client x days from the date they signed up. You could use this email to gather feedback from the client about the order process or product, could also be used to offer clients upgrades promotions to entice them to add features to their existing product etc.

INSTALL

1.) Upload the unzipped feedback_emal folder to /public_html/whmcs/modules/admin/

2.) Navigate to the file via whmcs ie: Utilities > Addon modules > Feedback Email

3.) Enter a whmcs admin username and password for the cron to be able to send the emails out via the api.

4.) Edit the Feedback Email template in the email templates page however you want it.

5.) Set the cron to run whenever you want the emails to be sent out.

Any questions let me know.

[idea based on from Daniel: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18486]

Screen Shot:

feedbackemails.jpg

feedback_email.zip

Edited by Operator

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see one major problem with this after using it for a couple of days... It sends the feedback email out to EVERY order received, not just active ones. This means that ones caught by fraud checking and marked as fraud still receive the email.

Can you alter the database query to only select the active orders?

where can I find that code?

I hate it when things get encrypted when it just builds on the efforts of others.

I dont think thats what happened and if it did, it would be illegal. Personally, i see no reason to ever encrypt something that your going to give away for free. Now if your charging, thats different.

what is wrong with you people? i make some addons to use myself and i decide some other people might find it useful so i release it to the public and all people do is criticise about how i have encoded my work so people cant rip it off. If you don't like how its encoded or don't like my module then don't use it. If this is all I get for helping people on this forum then I will no longer do so.

The problem with encoding is that you could have written anything into this software. It wouldn't be difficult to have it email you the WHMCS login details of everyone that's installed it.

Some, including me, are very cautious of installing encoded software into WHMCS and I don't really understand the reasoning behind it.

What exactly are you protecting? If someone improves on your version - great.

The problem with encoding is that you could have written anything into this software. It wouldn't be difficult to have it email you the WHMCS login details of everyone that's installed it.

Some, including me, are very cautious of installing encoded software into WHMCS and I don't really understand the reasoning behind it.

What exactly are you protecting? If someone improves on your version - great.

I have to agree.

If you've made a paid app, I see no problem in it. But if you've made a free add-on there really is no reason for it. Seriously, would you install something into your companies system not knowing what it contains and what it can do?

It would be very foolish to install a script. I don't mean to sound like I thin you've put something in there, but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from here.

Yes me too..I don't like use encoded stuff paid or free...Using whmcs are little bit annoying for me...but it is a very popular software used by many people and it appear we can trust on their developer....

I understand the reaction of Operator...Most probably his intention are just to help and share his stuff no more...But with encoded stuff maybe a simple line of code are included and are able for example to send the list of all email customer (or more sensitive info) to him... In doubt I prefer to not use...to bad...

I have explore all section of this forum and see a lot people propose free addon with open source code...very nice...Almost always the first code was modified by other people with nice improvement...The result are all people (included original coder) can benefit to the new work...

Doesnt work for me for some reason. Error is below:

Warning: main(../../../dbconnect.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 12

Warning: main(../../../dbconnect.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../../dbconnect.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 12

Warning: main(../../../includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 13

Warning: main(../../../includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 13

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../../../includes/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 13

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 18

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 90

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 90

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 95

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 99

Fatal error: Call to undefined function logactivity() in /home/oasdkj801/public_html/billing/modules/admin/feedback_email/cron.php on line 110