2025 Price Increase

Am I the only one scratching my head saying 'what did they add that was useful to me?'

The only thing I can think of off hand is the bump to a higher PHP version. It doesn't seem to me like the Paypal modules work as advertised in terms of recurring billing.

MarketConnect - don't use it and never will

Ticketing system - don't use it and never will

hCaptcha - scared to use it based on how reCaptcha has worked in the past and broke the domain search

Where are the useful features such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Sign in w/ Apple, Sign in w/ Amazon, etc?

All they do is add what they want not what their users want.

Most of us are still waiting for actual feature requests to be added and old bugs to be fixed, which they just ignore. 

Some of those popular feature requests have been there 10+ years.

We pay a subscription for a software, and for that software to stay relevant the software is supposed to add new features without imposing price increases. In whmcs case, there has been no new features that the community needed, and yet price increases are being imposed. 

1 hour ago, SVCode said:

Same here - almost 35% increase last year, just under 20% again now.

Can't handle these any more - should have left years ago, will be leaving in the next 12 months.

The hard part is 'who do you switch to?' Blesta was a disaster the first time around and I don't want to revisit and waste the time there again.

1 hour ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

The hard part is 'who do you switch to?' Blesta was a disaster the first time around and I don't want to revisit and waste the time there again.

How long ago was that? What were the issues you encountered? How about the community forms a group, and reaches out to Blesta collectively to get what's lacking addressed? 

Any corporation who just wants profit and more profit by sucking their customers dry will continue to impose price hikes. For peoples' interests to be protected, people need to invest in Open Source.

WHMCS happy to increase the price yet again yet refuse to refund for after overcharging me for years 😄

It's becoming laughable at this point. As you stated which updates have we seen that users actually wanted?

I am starting to route heavily for all "Web Pros" competitors:

- Blesta
- DirectAdmin

Would love to see both take over the industry.

56 minutes ago, zomex said:

WHMCS happy to increase the price yet again yet refuse to refund for after overcharging me for years 😄

It's becoming laughable at this point. As you stated which updates have we seen that users actually wanted?

I am starting to route heavily for all "Web Pros" competitors:

- Blesta
- DirectAdmin

Would love to see both take over the industry.

I hope so.

3 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Please share your experience especially the details of the issues you faced.

Prefer not to do so, since the folks behind it are part of the issue. 
Your choice to use that; I will never do so. 

18 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

MarketConnect - don't use it and never will

Me too. This * only exists that WHMCS can make money with it!

- No e-invoicing

- No Cancel Management for europe clients

- Not enough Payment Gateways (Amazon-Pay, Klarna over Stripe etc ...)

You release new versions that are nothing more than bug fix releases, there's nothing new anymore. Look at https://requests.whmcs.com/, the list is full of fantastic ideas ...

I'm just disappointed! Not about the increase, no because there is simply nothing new. But you want money for nothing more and more.

18 hours ago, SVCode said:

Same here - almost 35% increase last year, just under 20% again now.

Can't handle these any more - should have left years ago, will be leaving in the next 12 months.

Guess is time to start building my own software. I am tired of this cr@p... gonna be nearly 50% increase in less than 2 years and I see no real improvement, the app is a POC and every update I go through is just painful. Does not fully work with LiteSpeed Web Server, and lets no talk about integrations.

I'm leaving.

I will throw this out there that open source software FOSSBilling (previously BoxBilling) has seen a huge rise in popularity and traffic on my site.

With that said I would not trust software with my company. I do however hope to see one of the competitors gain a lot of ground. Clientexec has also done a fantastic job in recent years at closing the gap with WHMCS (although admittedly the gap is still large which is the issue).

22 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

How long ago was that? What were the issues you encountered? How about the community forms a group, and reaches out to Blesta collectively to get what's lacking addressed? 

I left about 6 years ago after migrating when they released v3.0 I think it was (WHMCS > Blesta > Back to WHMCS).  At that time, there was no domain manager. Now, they have one but based on their Jira backlog, it still lacks a lot of basic and needed functionality. Yes, I emailed with them and others on the community.

Since domains are so low profit, I can't invest time into manually managing them. The software needs to do that and WHMCS is good in that department. Blesta has what appear to be a lot of gateways, modules, etc but they're half or less developed. Not to mention that the client area looks very old school and it was never very intuitive to clients.

1 hour ago, zomex said:

I will throw this out there that open source software FOSSBilling (previously BoxBilling) has seen a huge rise in popularity and traffic on my site.

It is good that they are taking the initiative. The software is still too far behind (and in Beta I believe) that it can't be run in a production environment right now.

55 minutes ago, wsa said:

I see some requests that have more than 100 votes and be more than 3 years and still not added it. 

Indeed.
It's a balance between cost of developer time vs income for the parent company. If there's no immediate or ongoing income boost from implementing, and people still buy and use WHMCS, the motivation is typically low to proceed. The only way that would change, in the foreseeable future, is if they began losing customer base on a large scale and that was the reason.
Unlikely.
No great alternatives just yet, and the complacency that comes with familiarity of using it for a long time. For the most part it works fine, so the cost increase will cause much teeth gnashing, and very little movement away.