Error: Invalid filename for redirect:

sol2010

Hi 

I've set up Go Cardless and the first time we tried to get a client to use it they got this error in WHMCS:

Oops! 
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Error: Invalid filename for redirect: https://pay.gocardless.com/billing/static/flow?id=HFEUJNDK6&KHHU7JJGHKLY8VFTU7678S

Seems similar to the error posted in this old thread

Anyone have any ideas?

2 hours ago, TheHostingHeroes said:

Whmcs confirmed it’s a bug and was able to replicate it on their own install  

MODULE-7849 Has been created for me and it’s now a waiting game. Hopefully a patch willbe released. 

Hi thanks for posting. I sent an email to support and they just gave me the usual canned reply, so not very helpful. 

Good to know I'm not alone and that there might be a fix coming.

Kinkly keep this post updated, thank you.

Thank you for helping to get the fix.

Unfortunately, it was our client that discovered this issue and I do not know how to reproduce it - and hence, do not know how to check if this hotfix has actually fixed it.

Can someone confirm the steps to reproduce the issue?  Or even better, can you confirm this is actually fixed?

8 minutes ago, TheHostingHeroes said:

To reproduce the error try and pay any invoice that uses gocardless. When you click setup mandate this is where you will see the error. 

Thanks. Indeed that would seem obvious, however, I tried that after my customer reported the issue and was unable to find any problem... hence the reason I posted this thread... so perhaps it happens under only specific circumstances. would be good to know to be able to test.

GoCardless users, can you vote for this feature for WHMCS which will be game changing!

https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/gocardless-improvements-instant-payments

it'll allow new orders to instantly leave the bank account and then renewals go out via direct debit, this will allow domain registration to instantly charge bank accounts and register straight away similar to paypal/credit card.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:56 AM, TheHostingHeroes said:

GoCardless users, can you vote for this feature for WHMCS which will be game changing!

https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/gocardless-improvements-instant-payments

it'll allow new orders to instantly leave the bank account and then renewals go out via direct debit, this will allow domain registration to instantly charge bank accounts and register straight away similar to paypal/credit card.

This would be beneficial for sure, the fact GoCardless already offer the instant payment service means surely can’t be too hard to configure to WHMCS, take instant payment and then sets up direct for future renewals 👍 

I did email this exact thing to GoCardless but never heard a response, but fingers crossed this gets rolled out 🤞 

10 minutes ago, jds said:

This would be beneficial for sure, the fact GoCardless already offer the instant payment service means surely can’t be too hard to configure to WHMCS, take instant payment and then sets up direct for future renewals 👍 

I did email this exact thing to GoCardless but never heard a response, but fingers crossed this gets rolled out 🤞 

WHMCS need to develop the integration. Please vote using the link I posted above. 

On 12/10/2022 at 8:42 AM, TheHostingHeroes said:

WHMCS need to develop the integration. Please vote using the link I posted above. 

@TheHostingHeroes I've switched to gocardless now and clients have renewed some hosting subscriptions / domain renewals  however I'm not receiving any new order emails and neither are my clients? Is there anything extra you had to setup your end ? Thanks

2 minutes ago, TheHostingHeroes said:

This isn’t gocardless related but likely related to your mail settings in whmcs. 

contact your hosting company for support or try setting up SMTP authentication. 

Yeh I thought that too, but Paypal ones are coming through fine. The emails aren't getting generated in the users accounts either for any GoGardless payments. Must just be me then, I'll get in touch with whmcs and gocardless support 

1 minute ago, TheHostingHeroes said:

Maybe you have direct debit payment confirmation template disabled?

Sadly checked that too, all our email templates are enabled....luckily we've not put our site live, only sign up our clients manually with our web projects, otherwise this would be a headache 😂 ! Appreciate the help 

• 2 months later...

We are on version 8.3.2 as that is when our OWNED licence ran out.

This version seems to work fine with the exception of the above problem with Gocardless. This hot fix doesn't work for 8.3.2.

Obviously I don't want to update to the latest version and start paying out $175 a month when currently everything is mostly working fine.

Is there a way for clients to set up a mandate outside of clicking on the invoice? We do have clients using gocardless so there must be another way to do it successfully.

15 hours ago, Chris74 said:

We are on version 8.3.2 as that is when our OWNED licence ran out.

This version seems to work fine with the exception of the above problem with Gocardless. This hot fix doesn't work for 8.3.2.

Obviously I don't want to update to the latest version and start paying out $175 a month when currently everything is mostly working fine.

Is there a way for clients to set up a mandate outside of clicking on the invoice? We do have clients using gocardless so there must be another way to do it successfully.

You mean 7.3.2? Or did you upgrade to version 8 with an owned license?