Error: Invalid filename for redirect:

sol2010

2 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

You mean 7.3.2? Or did you upgrade to version 8 with an owned license?

8.3.2 with owned licence. Support ran out in Feb this year.

We do have customers paying by GoCardless, so I wonder if the mandate signup works fine on an initial order - rather than when manually paying an invoice. I'm looking for a way to invoke this without having to upgrade WHMCS. I'm sure we will eventually need to upgrade, but I'd like to put it off as long as possible as the cost is so high.

1 hour ago, Chris74 said:

8.3.2 with owned licence. Support ran out in Feb this year.

We do have customers paying by GoCardless, so I wonder if the mandate signup works fine on an initial order - rather than when manually paying an invoice. I'm looking for a way to invoke this without having to upgrade WHMCS. I'm sure we will eventually need to upgrade, but I'd like to put it off as long as possible as the cost is so high.

I see, you had support pre-paid for the future I assume because if memory serves me right, they did not allow owned customers to renew support anymore.

Edited by yggdrasil

1 minute ago, yggdrasil said:

I see, you had support pre-paid for the future I assume because if memory serves me right, they did not allow owned customers to renew support anymore.

I've just checked - it was Jan not Feb. We renewed our support in Jan 2021 and it ran out in Jan 2022.  I guess some time in between  those dates they stopped allowing support renewals.  Version 8.3.2 was released some time near the end of 2021, so without any support now we are stuck with this version until we are prepared to pay the 2000% increase ransom of $2100 per year, instead of the $100 we were paying before. I honestly wouldn't mind paying the lower tier at $99 per month but as we are on the low end of the next tier, it's gonna hurt when we have to start paying. It's just too much, especially  when you consider how poorly managed and maintained this software is. 

4 hours ago, Chris74 said:

I've just checked - it was Jan not Feb. We renewed our support in Jan 2021 and it ran out in Jan 2022.  I guess some time in between  those dates they stopped allowing support renewals.  Version 8.3.2 was released some time near the end of 2021, so without any support now we are stuck with this version until we are prepared to pay the 2000% increase ransom of $2100 per year, instead of the $100 we were paying before. I honestly wouldn't mind paying the lower tier at $99 per month but as we are on the low end of the next tier, it's gonna hurt when we have to start paying. It's just too much, especially  when you consider how poorly managed and maintained this software is. 

Are you sure about this? As far as I'm aware, they stopped the option to allow owned license holders to renew support and update to newer versions unless they moved to the subscription model.

Of course, they had to honor anyone that had support paid upfront for several years but I remember they removed the option precisely to prevent someone from buying, for example, 10 years of support to avoid moving to the subscription model.

If what you said is true, either it was a glitch in your account or WHMCS decided to back pedal and owned license holders can keep using their software with newer updates without moving to a subscription plan. I'm confused as everyone here in the forums discussed this and said they have no option but moving to a subscription plan to keep receiving updates.

That email was years ago, which means you would have been stuck in version 7 like everyone else, I'm very confused how you purchased updates last year:

Your WHMCS owned license will continue to function as it does today. You may continue to run your WHMCS installation using the owned license for as long as you would like.

You will not be able to purchase or renew support for your owned WHMCS license, effective immediately.

• If you have an active support agreement with WHMCS for your owned license, we will continue to honor that support agreement until its expiration.

If you do not have support for your WHMCS owned license, and you require product support or you would like to upgrade to a current version, you will need to upgrade to our standard license model. You can obtain a standard license by logging into the WHMCS customer portal (https://www.whmcs.com/members)

19 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

If what you said is true, either it was a glitch in your account or WHMCS decided to back pedal and owned license holders can keep using their software with newer updates without moving to a subscription plan. I'm confused as everyone here in the forums discussed this and said they have no option but moving to a subscription plan to keep receiving updates.

That email was years ago, which means you would have been stuck in version 7 like everyone else, I'm very confused how you purchased updates last year

We were informed, without any leeway, it was lease or nothing. We were within the (lower) version 8 branch, however, when ours expired, as we'd purchased in advance of the support cost increase just before the famous rug pull.

23 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

Are you sure about this? As far as I'm aware, they stopped the option to allow owned license holders to renew support and update to newer versions unless they moved to the subscription model.

Of course, they had to honor anyone that had support paid upfront for several years but I remember they removed the option precisely to prevent someone from buying, for example, 10 years of support to avoid moving to the subscription model.

That email was years ago, which means you would have been stuck in version 7 like everyone else, I'm very confused how you purchased updates last year:

Your WHMCS owned license will continue to function as it does today. You may continue to run your WHMCS installation using the owned license for as long as you would like.

You will not be able to purchase or renew support for your owned WHMCS license, effective immediately.

• If you have an active support agreement with WHMCS for your owned license, we will continue to honor that support agreement until its expiration.

If you do not have support for your WHMCS owned license, and you require product support or you would like to upgrade to a current version, you will need to upgrade to our standard license model. You can obtain a standard license by logging into the WHMCS customer portal (https://www.whmcs.com/members)

I'm 100% sure - however, we never received any warning until the 6th of May 2021 that there would be any changes to the licensing. In the Email sent on that date - it says  "We recently sent you an email regarding upcoming changes to the license tier structure of WHMCS licenses." but we were never sent that Email  (or didn't receive it) and had renewed our support contract as normal in January for 12 months. The invoice date was 13th Jan and at that time I had no knowledge of any upcoming changes. The first I heard about it was via the Email on the 6th of May.

Edit... Google search seems to reveal that the original announcement was only on the 6th of April 2021 - and in this thread here...

So we would have renewed our support contract before this announcement happened. Did you get your dates mixed up or something?

Edited by Chris74