WHMCS 5.3.3 Error Invalid filename for redirect: id=xxx when upgrade/downgrade config options

tslin

Hello all,

I just updated to WHMCS 5.3.3 from 5.2.15 and I'm getting this error "Invalid filename for redirect: id=xxx" when my clients upgrade/downgrade configuration options after payment method was chosen and "Click to continue" button is clicked. Both "PayPal" or "Offline Credit Card" have same problem.

When the problem occured, URL display is "http://www.mysite.com/upgrade.php?step=4".

Please help. It is urgent.

Or is there a way I can downgrade whmcs to previous release (5.2.15).

Thanks in advanced!

Sure, it is #CVI-016605

Thats a new ticket, but the ticket that no one cares is this one: #KYX-678432

We used to get hotfixes in few days for such errors about 1-2 years ago. But now some errors doesn't even get resolved for months(example: #KYX-678432)

Edited by Bartucxp

Ticket ID #CVI-016605 was opened overnight and has not been responded to yet by WHMCS Technical Support.

Ticket ID #KYX-678432 has been responded to, an issue found and no hotfixes were provided. A case was opened up though, and these details provided in that ticket to you.

Ticket ID #CVI-016605 was opened overnight and has not been responded to yet by WHMCS Technical Support.

Ticket ID #KYX-678432 has been responded to, an issue found and no hotfixes were provided. A case was opened up though, and these details provided in that ticket to you.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but how can you let a critical problem(at least for us) least for months and not even resolved in 5.3.3 upgrade? Is that so hard to fix that? Fixing this will be very good for our business. Because of that error, we're looking for other solutions to migrate from whmcs. Because its been 4 months and error didn't get fixed, also each upgrade adding new errors instead of fixing previous ones. Please tell me if I'm wrong here, but an upgrade is supposed to fix somethings, not break. If it break things that is critical for our business, there should be hotfixes since your code is encoded.

Because you are unable to mass email your users on a holiday, via WHMCS, you're considering migrating from WHMCS all together. I wouldn't say you're wrong here, you've got to to whats best for you and your clients, of course. But I do think I might find another way to mass mail my users, if it was me.

I can't explain this any more clear than was done in your ticket. A case has been opened, the issue will be fixed.

Please tell me if I'm wrong here, but an upgrade is supposed to fix somethings, not break.

This quote by Matt speaks to this I think:

In WHMCS 5.3, our focus has been on improving the stability, reliability and performance of WHMCS, which includes fixing over 250 reported bugs, as well as some fundamental redesigns of the core logic which provides us a fantastic platform upon which to build and develop WHMCS going forward.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of WHMCS that your issue didn't make it into that list of over 250 reported bugs. I'll see if I can find out why, and get back to you on Monday.

Thats not only about holidays. I wish it was.

When a server is having trouble, we must inform users on this server. You can't know what problems this causing for us. We must make server migrations and tell clients to change nameservers. Just because we can't mass mail to them, some of our plans like this one is still on hold. There is a broken server and we must change it - tell customers to change nameservers. We can't do it!

I hope you can understand this. Holidays was just an example.

I'm not saying that you're not working to make whmcs better. But maybe you're following the wrong way?

I've reported an error and I'm sure fixing it would take less time from writing ticket answers. So everyone would be happy.

Also if you can check my other ticket about unicode chars in PDF invoices( #CRS-649318 ), I've found the solution on the forum. It was because smarty fonts directory has changed. I had no idea! Instead of creating a case number for it, they would explain this to me. A simple file copy solved the problem and if I didn't take a look at forums, I'd wait for upgrades for a solution. Thats makes people feel you don't even care about tickets-don't investigate problems- and you only answer so you can say "we answered the ticket".

I hope I made my point.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you can get it fixed for me on Monday.

Regards

Edited by Bartucxp

I've mass moved clients 3 times in the past 3 years and never contacted any of them about needing to update nameservers. I setup DNS Clustering in cPanel in advance of the move. If you're not aware of this as an option (and I suppose I should mention, and you're on cPanel servers) you should look into it to see if this is an option for you.

I did note in the Changelog a mention about mass mailing:

Case #3854 - Resolved Mass Mailer not honoring refresh time

And also a mention of smarty:

Case #3528 - Updated Smarty to latest 2.6.28 release

Neither, related to your specific issues though.

As for your fonts in PDF issues, well, that ticket speaks for itself. Not a bug really, you use custom fonts it seems, and had to move them to the proper directory.

For that issue, I can find no mention of in the Changelog. Unless I'm missing it here.

Brian! to the rescue once again! I'm happy to see he was able to assist you with this in the other thread.

don't you know by now that WHMCS Support are always right and can't do anything wrong! We don't get inconvenienced they do, our business is not important theirs is. Please let me know if you find another software to migrate to. If things continue like this I will be out of business before I can really get going!

Thats not only about holidays. I wish it was.

When a server is having trouble, we must inform users on this server. You can't know what problems this causing for us. We must make server migrations and tell clients to change nameservers. Just because we can't mass mail to them, some of our plans like this one is still on hold. There is a broken server and we must change it - tell customers to change nameservers. We can't do it!

I hope you can understand this. Holidays was just an example.

I'm not saying that you're not working to make whmcs better. But maybe you're following the wrong way?

I've reported an error and I'm sure fixing it would take less time from writing ticket answers. So everyone would be happy.

Also if you can check my other ticket about unicode chars in PDF invoices( #CRS-649318 ), I've found the solution on the forum. It was because smarty fonts directory has changed. I had no idea! Instead of creating a case number for it, they would explain this to me. A simple file copy solved the problem and if I didn't take a look at forums, I'd wait for upgrades for a solution. Thats makes people feel you don't even care about tickets-don't investigate problems- and you only answer so you can say "we answered the ticket".

I hope I made my point.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you can get it fixed for me on Monday.

Regards

don't you know by now that WHMCS Support are always right and can't do anything wrong! We don't get inconvenienced they do, our business is not important theirs is. Please let me know if you find another software to migrate to. If things continue like this I will be out of business before I can really get going!

Having problems with your WHMCS installation I take it?

Hello,

The redirect issue with upgrades has been given case: 4063. I am currently in the process of reproducing it and ensuring the report can be quickly fixed by our dev team.

I am going to close this thread as its being used for a number of things not relevant to the bug reporting area.

Bartupcx, I have seen your comments about the Mass Mailer issue. I have already spoken about it with our dev team and there is a developer working on fixing it right now. I can't make any promises about a specific ETA for a fix, but it is something we are working on.

Nate C