2Checkout new recurring payment bug

Our clients are facing an issue while creating new recurring payments, via 2Checkout -

Error shown -

"This file cannot be accessed directly."

This has been confirmed as a bug by WHMCS Support, but no ETA has been provided.

As this is a separate module and patches/updates to separate modules are not part of WHMCS releases I hope this gets expedited. We do over $XX,XXX business with 2CO every month most of which is via Recurring payments so this is causing a lot of issues.

Ishan

I had this same problem and reported it. Chris then sent me a patch a week or 2 later.

So yes there is a fix. If you have sent a ticket in for the issue, you should get a reply with the patch file.

I got mine yesterday then tested it, all seems to work again.

I had this same problem and reported it. Chris then sent me a patch a week or 2 later.

So yes there is a fix. If you have sent a ticket in for the issue, you should get a reply with the patch file.

I got mine yesterday then tested it, all seems to work again.

Yes, same here. I opened a ticket as soon as I was aware of the issue and received a patch a few days later. :idea:

This is marked as case #2556 and is resolved as of WHMCS 5.3 which is slated to be released within the first week of June.

Chris told me via PM that they do not offer patches anymore. I am astounded to see posts after that which claim they received patches. No response from Chris after I asked him the same via PM. Preferential treatment ?

Hello,

I've not provided any patches - however there is an available update for tco.php if a ticket is submitted.

In regards to patches, we are working to not provide them and in lieu of that, provide more regular updates to address issues.

The current iteration time frame is every 6 weeks.

I think patches should still be provided for critical issues which completely break parts of the software vital to its operation or the businesses operation that uses the software. For minor issues, patches are not really needed. How can we get this patch as well? Is a ticket required? Perhaps adding a thread for each release containing hot fixes would be easier.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, I send a ticket to get the correct file

Ticket #FGV-466248

Hello,

I've updated your ticket with the request file. With that, I'd like a chance to reply to your statement:

and still wating for hours, your support is realy deficient for any minor problems.

While I'd love if we could provide resolutions within an hour of a ticket being opened, that's simply not available to us 24 hours a day. Our support staff is at maximum capacity during the hours of 3AM-5PM CST, 7 days a week. During the overnight hours, the amount of Technical Support Analysts online is not as plentiful as during the aforementioned hours, thus response timess will be a bit slower.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I've updated your ticket with the request file. With that, I'd like a chance to reply to your statement:

While I'd love if we could provide resolutions within an hour of a ticket being opened, that's simply not available to us 24 hours a day. Our support staff is at maximum capacity during the hours of 3AM-5PM CST, 7 days a week. During the overnight hours, the amount of Technical Support Analysts online is not as plentiful as during the aforementioned hours, thus response timess will be a bit slower.

Why can't you just give a download link to it in this thread? so I won't have to wait hours for a ticket response!

Please do tell me why I pay you $18/mo for... the code is shocking as we found out on 3rd Oct.

• 3 weeks later...
Why can't you just give a download link to it in this thread? so I won't have to wait hours for a ticket response!

Please do tell me why I pay you $18/mo for... the code is shocking as we found out on 3rd Oct.

Totally agree with this. Why not just provide a download link and/or provide the patch in the latest version for us to download and install. I've just found out that we have this issue too. This has probably been going on for weeks and we didn't know until a clients has just reported it to us now. This is totally not acceptable. We've no doubt lost out on some big sales because of this because we don't have the one-time payment option enabled either.