katamaze billing plugin shows "array"

Hi

I asked this to katamaze as well, but i might get a reply in 2-3 months, since all support is basicly paid, and im not about to pay 200 euro a month for having an answer. So hope anyone can reply me here

When i export paid invoices to excel - The "reference" field is supposed to show the invoice number. But aparently it shows "Array" text instead. Anyone knows how i can fix this ?

Skærmbillede 2021-10-14 kl. 17.34.44.png

I would imagine if its caused by Kian, he would fix it pretty quickly! He's always seemed very nice and spent lots of time helping others! 

He does charge for support though, which is clear and upfront upon purchasing- it's the reason I didn't buy his work in all honesty! 

Bug fixes and support are two totally separate issues though 😁

I get it, support is not free. I dont offer free support as well - But really @Kian You'r modules are not cheap at all, 200 euro for having a fuc*** reply to a ticket, that is outrageous. I get it you are busy working on Leap and such. But really you charge a heavy price for your modules, and you leave customers hanging with problems. Sometimes really big problems like when you did not bother release the license when we moved hosting. And now i have this problem here, and the other one with the PDF not getting updated when changing company details. Maybe you should try and focus on giving just a biiiit of support to your modules, instead of hovering around in this community, and replying people's problems here. Maybe support your own product just a little. Have you even bothered to check your reviews in whmcs.com, i am far from the only one who dont understand your way of giving absolutely no support at all. And you'r leaving customers hanging in *........

On 10/14/2021 at 9:34 PM, steven99 said:

Are you able to edit the code or is it encoded with ioncube?  If not, you're stuck waiting for katamaze .  If you are able to edit it, then changing where the reference array to what it really should be, an item of that array most likely, would be needed. 

No code is unfortunately locked like everything else in this shitty WHMCS universe...

On 10/14/2021 at 5:35 PM, lulzkiller said:

and im not about to pay 200 euro a month for having an answer

Don't worry. This service no longer exists. I should remove it from the website but I'm so done with WHMCS that even updating my own WHMCS-related site tilts me. I prefer to refund people and lose 7.35 euro with PayPal fees 🤣

2 hours ago, lulzkiller said:

200 euro for having a fuc*** reply to a ticket, that is outrageous

I completely agree with you but as I said tens of times, supporting WHMCS is like emptying Hoover Dam with a sieve.

I don't want to repeat myself but I have tried everything from hiring devs to writing 250.000 words of documentation. Nothing worked. Every release of WHMCS introduces tens of new bugs that can take weeks to debug. Fixing them is a whole new story.

Why am I supposed to do the job of WHMCS? What's the point of investing weeks into fixing a bug of v8.1.0 when WHMCS is already releasing v8.1.1 with new bugs? Not to mention they refuse to fix bugs from 2009.

That being said, for me the only viable option was to focus on big providers that can afford to spend 200 euro / month. Less customers = more time to code. Sadly I was still overwhelmed by requests so I had to focus on huge providers that pay way more than 200/month. Long story short, I am working with a very limited number of providers that allow me enough free time to work on my main job (not WHMCS 🥳) and cycling 💖

2 hours ago, lulzkiller said:

Have you even bothered to check your reviews in whmcs.com

Maybe 2 times in 15 years. I don't need to read reviews to understand that I can't provide support. I would hate myself too but I can't fix WHMCS for the rest of my life. Unlike other developers, I focused on an impossible task: fixing WHMCS and adding missing features. That was a masochistic decision.

The average WHMCS developer plays with hooks and API and supports just the latest version of WHMCS. As for me, I'm working with hacks to trick WHMCS into thinking he did X (bugged) so I can do X (fixed) myself.

Injecting classes with custom autoloaders in crazy places, sending fake POSTs, emulating clicks, creating "man in the middle" files, scraping data with bots, implementing internal API functions. There must be a problem with this platform if a damn module needs to be this extreme 🥵 And I also keep supporting WHMCS v5, v6 and v7 because I understand and respect the fact that many prefer to stay away from v8 (myself included).

I'm looking forward to release everything I did as open source so that I can finally leave this place and let everyone see how silly is this platform 😐

Back to the topic, I can easy fix the "array" column in the XLSX (or CSV can't remember). I'll post here when it's fixed.

14 hours ago, Kian said:

I don't want to repeat myself but I have tried everything from hiring devs to writing 250.000 words of documentation. Nothing worked. Every release of WHMCS introduces tens of new bugs that can take weeks to debug. Fixing them is a whole new story.

Why am I supposed to do the job of WHMCS? What's the point of investing weeks into fixing a bug of v8.1.0 when WHMCS is already releasing v8.1.1 with new bugs? Not to mention they refuse to fix bugs from 2009.

This is a known behavior on the last 2-3 big version releases. They reduced the beta phases and increase the hotfixes as they are using the users to bug tracking and community to resolve their issues. Not real support, as they forward you to the community or request pages, to keep you in an endless loop, until you  decide to make your own fix, in hard way, but exiting WHMCS eco-system.

The above is cheaper than hiring developers to fix you bugs, or focus on make a release more stable and improve/clean your commercial code.

I think they already show the results of this behavior, in their incomes and their brand reviews on the internet....

Edited by pRieStaKos