Changing Money Currency and Translation in WHMCS

Hello beautiful community, this is my first time posting a topic here.  I don't have any coding knowledge and I will really appreciate some support!

THE MONEY CURRENCY:
I live in Paraguay and our currency is Guaranies (PYG).
I've already tried to set up in the "Money: Setup and manage currencies" but it doesn't change it.
- Example: The format of Guaranies is 1.000 unlike the USD which the numbers doesn't have decimals until it reaches a big number like 1.000$
I provided an example with screenshot(1), it doesn't appear all the decimals in the client area. it appears: 95.50PYG but it should be 95.000PYG. Is it possible to change that?

ABOUT THE TRANSLATIONS:
If you also see screenshot(2) The titles are in English, I can't find a way to translate them. is there a place in the Admin area where I can change it or it can only be changed via coding? if so, is there a guide?

Screenshot 1 (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 10:19 PM, ealexcantero said:

ABOUT THE TRANSLATIONS:
If you also see screenshot(2) The titles are in English, I can't find a way to translate them. is there a place in the Admin area where I can change it or it can only be changed via coding? if so, is there a guide?

This is hardcoded in the theme.  You can check the respective theme in use and make a child theme.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:19 PM, ealexcantero said:

The format of Guaranies is 1.000 unlike the USD which the numbers doesn't have decimals until it reaches a big number like 1.000$

You might have misunderstanding on the currency format setting.  Your selection should be 1.234,56.

Btw, these questions I feel like it shouldn't be in developer corner but belongs to other board?  😅

You can change the currency format display and languages directly in the files. All you need is a simple text editor, no coding required.

Take a look at the language files in your installation, as well the official WHMCS documentation on templates and theme customization. It will require some work.

Now take into account that you will have to change a whole more than just that ordering cart to make it compatible with your currency, at least in a visual way, since WHMCS really has strange problems handling anything outside its default format. If you don't know basic coding, you will probably mess up things at some point. My advice is to hire someone that knows around WHMCS to properly configure your installation, themes and carts to match your currency everywhere.

Make sure that you don't use WHMCS for accounting either, or you will end up with strange rounding issues and numbers that don't match with that decimal format.

Edited by yggdrasil

38 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

You can change the currency format display and languages directly in the files. All you need is a simple text editor, no coding required.

Take a look at the language files in your installation, as well the official WHMCS documentation on templates and theme customization. It will require some work.

Now take into account that you will have to change a whole more than just that ordering cart to make it compatible with your currency, at least in a visual way, since WHMCS really has strange problems handling anything outside its default format. If you don't know basic coding, you will probably mess up things at some point. My advice is to hire someone that knows around WHMCS to properly configure your installation, themes and carts to match your currency everywhere.

Make sure that you don't use WHMCS for accounting either, or you will end up with strange rounding issues and numbers that don't match with that decimal format.

Also don't change the currency of active products.... they literally replace the currency type and don't understand currencies hold alternative values that change! 

#GreatestBillingSystemEver 😉

1 hour ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Also don't change the currency of active products.... they literally replace the currency type and don't understand currencies hold alternative values that change! 

#GreatestBillingSystemEver 😉

Yes, that is correct. Currency is broken for years in WHMCS.

If you change the currency for a user. It just changes the currency symbol, and all your amounts are then wrong on paid invoices, transactions, orders...for that user. I have no idea what the developers had in mind when they added this feature.

I even posted solutions to this, like just freezing all the previous table records by comparing the date before the change and only applying the new currency from that point on, but nobody bothered to look or fix it in years. It takes 1 hour to actually fix this but since we cannot edit the files that have the code, you have no recourse than just not use this function and just close that user account and open a new one with the proper currency.

Edited by yggdrasil

10 hours ago, Nelson Neoh said:

This is hardcoded in the theme.  You can check the respective theme in use and make a child theme.

You might have misunderstanding on the currency format setting.  Your selection should be 1.234,56.

Btw, these questions I feel like it shouldn't be in developer corner but belongs to other board?  😅

Any guidance for it?

Yes, thanks for correcting me, its 1.234,56 , but how can I change it? Is there any guide available?

And lastly yes It shouldn't be in the developer corner, my mistake, I accidentally uploaded two times the question. 

9 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

Thank you for your response, is there any documentation for this? and also, where exactly can I hire someone?