Lifetime license suspended

I was working on fixing some WHMCS bugs on a dev license and it was suspended as I don't have support updates purchased. I paid last month and basically just helped WHMCS find bugs in their software. I thought I didn't need it this month. Now my dev license has been suspended. What a joke WHMCS has become, so much for lifetime access. WTF. 

2 hours ago, ptoone said:

I don't have support updates purchased. I paid last month
I thought I didn't need it this month. Now my dev license has been suspended.

Isn't that the expected behavior? 
Unless they gave the license to you specifically to work for them, that's pretty normal; no active license (well, support period), no dev.

Edited by bear

https://www.whmcs.com/members/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=78

Those who purchase a license directly from us qualify for a free development licence key for each active paid licence (an active licence is classed as any Leased licence or an Owned licence regardless of Support & Updates status).

I suppose it's possible the kb is out of date... but probably worth opening a ticket with the licensing department for confirmation / explanation.

They always suspended my DEV license when support/updates expired. But that was when we still had the option to buy the support & upgrades. They basically took that option away from OWNED license holders in May, so I'm curious what they will do with the DEV licenses now.

They will suspend them when you don't even have an option to keep paying the support & updates? It's not as we don't want to keep paying them, they refuse to accept the payments.

9 hours ago, Remitur said:

No, it shouldn't.

Although, I guess, we can expect anything from Oakley...

They always suspended my DEV licenses when support expired. But that was when we still had the option to buy support. I'm curious what they will do now since that option is out of the table.

7 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

They always suspended my DEV licenses when support expired. But that was when we still had the option to buy support. I'm curious what they will do now since that option is out of the table.

Well, If their copy/paste answer of "You still have an owned license" is true and not just the ramblings of someone deluded into believing this is by any stretch of the imagination fair and/or reasonable - Then the dev license should also remain valid! The trouble is, they all realise what a awful situation this is and none have the backbone or the integrity to do something about it. More of the same nonsense from whmcs..... I would have laughed my way out of the building a refused to be a part in it myself.... but each to their own! 

I know one member of staff applied and got rejected by another company! I'd certainly give them the copy/paste response they deserve if it were me 😂

1 hour ago, UnwilfulExpenditure said:

I know one member of staff applied and got rejected by another company! I'd certainly give them the copy/paste response they deserve if it were me

So someone that decides they don't  want to be with WHMCS as staff and the company they tried to join rejected them based on that decision?
Interesting. 

1 minute ago, bear said:

So someone that decides they don't  want to be with WHMCS as staff and the company they tried to join rejected them based on that decision?
Interesting. 

Character, actions and personality are very powerful traits. Most people judge candidates based upon previous actions! When you have a publicly accessible page where you can read their interpretation of customer service..... well it's a pretty easy decision to make 😉

15 hours ago, UnwilfulExpenditure said:

Well, If their copy/paste answer of "You still have an owned license" is true and not just the ramblings of someone deluded into believing this is by any stretch of the imagination fair and/or reasonable - Then the dev license should also remain valid! The trouble is, they all realise what a awful situation this is and none have the backbone or the integrity to do something about it. More of the same nonsense from whmcs..... I would have laughed my way out of the building a refused to be a part in it myself.... but each to their own! 

I know one member of staff applied and got rejected by another company! I'd certainly give them the copy/paste response they deserve if it were me 😂

Let's wait and see. WHMCS already proved to everyone they don't keep their word on agreements. It would not surprise me if they consider the DEV license a separate license from your owned one at this point and just decide to suspend it.

They already decided to stop supporting owned licenses without a warning, why would anyone here expect them to support DEV licenses that were free anyway.