Contact Form: I can end your business

PrvtPilot

I received this thru my contact form, Has anyone else seen such a thing? I am sure its spam, but would like to see if anyone else has received it.  Great example of how NOT to market a product. The reply address is legitimate,  gcame@grcomputers.co.uk

Contact Form: I can end your business

I am contacting you from G&R Computers of Stratford-upon-Avon. You may find your website hacked and viruses on your computer very soon unless you purchase antivirus from us for £599.95. This could happen at any time. You can see we sell the best antivirus in the industry search Google for G&R Computers Stratford upon Avon we have nothing but 5* reviews.

Anything can happen, especially if you don’t have antivirus, specifically the antivirus we sell. Just see our reviews we are a genuine company, your website and company are at risk. It’s your choice if you don’t use our antivirus the only one that could protect you, your data, website and computers from a virus that could go off at any time unless you decide to purchase antivirus from us.

I promise you, a virus could strike at any time like COVID19, for a small fee you can be safe. That or we can do a follow up but to repair the virus and restore data could be up to £12,850 if such a virus was to hit. Prevention is better than cure.

Your company, your choice. DECIDE.

Gary Came
G&R Computers Stratford-upon Avon

Thanks for any feedback

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

I personally have never seen this before but I am sure it is just SPAM or someone messing with you. I would not worry about it but you can enable the Google reCAPTCHA v2 to help stop these messages from being submitted by the contact form.

Whilst no human verification captcha is 100% bullet proof, Google reCaptcha v2 is effective. This can be enabled in WHMCS on the Configuration (wrench icon) > System Settings > General Settings > Other tab. Once configured; this will help protect the client registration page, the ticket submission pages and contact form, as well as the homepage domain checker. Configuration settings are located under Configuration (wrench icon) > System Settings > General Settings > Security tab.

For more information on securing your forms please review this help article: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/878335-blocking-spam-orders

18 hours ago, PrvtPilot said:

I received this thru my contact form, Has anyone else seen such a thing? I am sure its spam, but would like to see if anyone else has received it.  Great example of how NOT to market a product.

Has anyone seen badly written spam through a contact form? 
Yes. 

The way it's written it almost sounds like a threat, but it's just someone trying to sell AV software. 

And you'll be fitted with some cement shoes if you tell anyone about this great offer.   Protection rackets go digital, lol.   That is the first thought I had when reading that.    This is a new twist on the extortion spams that I have seen where they say they have hacked your email and hacked your computer and could see all the naught sites that you visited.  If you don't pay them $x in bitcoin, they'll release all that info on facebook and make you look real real perverted.  

Though perhaps they are just reminding you to do a security measures check and confirm everything is updated and functional. 

18 hours ago, bear said:

The way it's written it almost sounds like a threat, but it's just someone trying to sell AV software. 

... or it's someone trying to discredit a competitor / rival by damaging their reputation - that was my first thought... the guy has a LinkedIn page, and whilst the domain exists, I think that specific email address is invalid (checked on a few sites)...

Your results for gcame@grcomputers.co.uk will be displayed below after processing.

We found that:

• The Email Address Syntax is correct
  • Connecting to mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com worked
  • We feel that gcame@grcomputers.co.uk is not valid

MX record found: mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com (Priority 10)
MX record found: mx1.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com (Priority 10)
MX record found: mx3.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com (Priority 10)
Connecting to mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com
Connected to mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com
Dialog with mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com ok
------------------------------------------------------------
220 mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com ESMTP
HELO verifyemailaddress.org
250 mx2.pub.mailpod1-cph3.one.com
MAIL FROM: <noreply@verifyemailaddress.org>
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO: <gcame@grcomputers.co.uk>
550 5.1.1 Unknown recipient
QUIT