Sign in to follow this  
wsa

WS Email 2FA Coming Soon

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pikerr
      Dear All,
      Is it possible to enable 2FA authentication for selected clients only whom always raise payment dispute due to fraud?
      Any advise?
      Thank you
    • By Bay
      Hello,
      Best regard to all WHMCS user, I've been using WHMCS for a couple of week now at latest version (8.x) which is running fine and everything, now I've downgraded my version to the latest 7.10.3 (LTS version) because my main module (domain reseller) only support up to that version and at this version I've run into some problem that causing me to read through the official WHMCS documentation and self-help article which some result in no luck.
      Some of the persistent issue is:
      If there's new user register on our system, WHMCS won't send verification email even though email template is active with no problem. There's nothing logged on the email logs about that particular email (verification & welcome). Automatic update is error. FYI, I've downgraded all of the thing that needed to be downgraded (File version and MySQL query).
      Regard,
      Bayu
    • By thisismatt
      Hey all
      I have a few clients who don't host either websites or email with me, just using my domain registration services and have me manage their DNS for them. Historically though, they have had one, or both, of their site/email with me, so I need to do some housekeeping!
      I found this post giving one example of how to manage these clients within WHMCS effectively, which would deal with onboarding a new 'DNS only' client and tidy up those existing clients.
      The post though is nearly 6 years old; has anyone else got any other ways to handle this scenario - which is creating a WHMCS account for a client who doesn't need web or email hosting, but their DNS records need to be managed.
      Thanks
      Matt
    • By ddvu
      For all you WHMCS users out there, proudly releasing the initial version of "whmcs-inbound-piped" for free as open source software.
      So, there are basically two ways of injecting emails into the support-queue:
      via cron via pipe The cron method can be quite tricky at times, especially on large incoming mail volumes. A disadvantage is also that it will add quite some delay on every received email. However it has a huge advantage of working out-of-the-box with your current external email provider (e.g GMail)
      The pipe version will act instantly on every received email, but has the huge disadvantage that you need to run your own MTA (such as postfix) "locally" on the same server as where you are running WHMCS.
      Additionally, since you have to run the MTA locally, this means you either have to use a different subdomain for your support emails, or you have to also process all emails from the same domain as well.
      The current pipe implementation is mostly geared towards Postfix or similar. But running such a MTA is quite an effort. Especially in my case, Debian was overwriting /usr/sbin/sendmail, which I did not want as I am using nullmailer to improve performance of PHP scripts sending emails as it makes use of an async background worker (e.g. PHP is not blocking while sending an email).
      This is where whmcs-inbound-piped comes into play 😍
      whmcs-inbound-piped will listen on port 25 but will only process receiving emails - it does not send emails (so you can keep your current sendmail setup). Any received email will asynchronously get piped into your pipe.php script where WHMCS will process in the background.
      To ensure that you do not need to worry about spam hitting your server-ip directly, you can specify (via environment variable "LISTEN_TO") an email address that the service will listen to. Any email not sent to that specific address (so make sure its random) will be dropped.

Quick instructions
      Download a zip depending on your server operating system Unzip the binary into your /usr/local/bin Create a /etc/default/whmcs-inbound-piped - you can specify any environment variable in that file as you see here Add the unit file to your systemd You can view the logs via:
      $ sudo journalctl -fu whmcs-inbound-piped
      FAQ
      Can this work on multiple servers?
      Yes absolutely. You can create something like a "inbound.YOURCOMPANY.com" subdomain with multiple MX records pointing to each server that you want to act as a receiver.
      Will this work with Google Mail?
      Yes. You can create a group and subscribe your LISTEN_TO to it. Unfortunately any external email will have an ugly footer. At dd.vu I opted out of Google Mail completely in favor of IONOS Mail for this reason.
      Questions and Feedback
      Please post in this thread if you have any questions or comments 😅
    • By seandnz
      Hi everyone, I have been searching for a solution and looking for an addon to track opened emails.  We did use whmcstricks email status which worked well, but that has been discontinued.  Does anyone know of an addon where we can track send emails? or do you have one we can buy? thanks.
      Sean.D