tickets with email content

snake

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

What exactly are those tags you mentioned you see which are generic and come from every Outlook/Microsoft email? I emailed myself from Outlook and I don't see a single CSS or HTML tag.

Outlook includes dozens (and more) lines of formatting code in most emails, if they're being sent in HTML, which I believe is the default. 

29 minutes ago, bear said:

Outlook includes dozens (and more) lines of formatting code in most emails, if they're being sent in HTML, which I believe is the default. 

I tested Outlook.com which is basically now Microsoft Exchange and looked at the headers and body. Never changed the defaults as I use Outlook Desktop only. The original OP said there is CSS included. I don't think that is the default for most senders, but I could be wrong. If I can see what he refers as HTML, maybe I can take a look. I do remember the tickets in WHMCS showing some messages wrong, but only from people that had HTML signatures on them with images. Maybe my spam gateway is doing the filtering which could be the reason I never considered this a major issue.

I recall in the past receiving messages from some senders using recent versions of Outlook that were really broken in the WHMCS desk. Trying to determine why, looked at the headers on the server, and sure enough they had like a hundred lines of useless CSS code in the header, most of which were defining "normal" and "0 values". They've always had a problem with HTML, MS did. I recall seeing an animated ad for Front Page that showed them "cleaning up" code...and there was a visible error in the cleaned code. 😉

On 4/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, snake said:

I have used numerous other ticket systems, and they all work better than WHMCS. And before you say "well won;t don;t you use them then", there is no other ticket system that integrates with WHMCS.

Support Pal integrates directly with WHMCS and is by far superior than the built-in ticketing system. 

On 4/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, Damo said:

Support Pal integrates directly with WHMCS and is by far superior than the built-in ticketing system. 

looks like this might be the solution.

Do you use it yourself?

I think they need to work on their SEO though, as they do not show up on any searches for whmcs ticket system integration

4 minutes ago, snake said:

looks like this might be the solution.

Do you use it yourself?

I think they need to work on their SEO though, as they do not show up on any searches for whmcs ticket system integration

and it has built in time tracking as well, which is very handy.

We  have been using it for 6 years now. 

If you look at the support config area in WHMCS you will see that SupportPal is in the dropdown to select. 

We were using Kayako as the drop in support system but it moved to a cloud solution and really went down hill. 

I know I wasn't asked, but I'd tried Support Pal (trial only) a few years back (2016-ish), and it didn't work out for us.  I had template changes go back to the defaults for no reason one day, it autorefreshed literally every minute checking for new responses and tickets, the sorting was awful and the icons representing status (etc) were difficult to get used to. 
Just me, maybe, but it wasn't to our liking at all. Perhaps it's improved since then?

33 minutes ago, bear said:

I know I wasn't asked, but I'd tried Support Pal (trial only) a few years back (2016-ish), and it didn't work out for us.  I had template changes go back to the defaults for no reason one day, it autorefreshed literally every minute checking for new responses and tickets, the sorting was awful and the icons representing status (etc) were difficult to get used to. 
Just me, maybe, but it wasn't to our liking at all. Perhaps it's improved since then?

It looks good but so do other open-source ticket systems which you can customize and bridge to WHMCS.

The real question is how tight an external system integrates into the WHMCS account system. The benefit of using the build in ticket system is how it's completely integrated to a customer account, not extra logins required, no data sync, no extra accounts, emails history for tickets in the same section...permissions...you can pull the ticket and user information right from the tickets or tickets from the user account...

Even Kayako had a pretty awful integration with WHMCS when I used it many years back. It was painful going from one system to the other both for the staff and the users.

Edited by yggdrasil

2 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

The real question is how tight an external system integrates into the WHMCS account system. The benefit of using the build in ticket system is how it's completely integrated to a customer account, not extra logins required, no data sync, no extra accounts, emails history for tickets in the same section...permissions...you can pull the ticket and user information right from the tickets or tickets from the user account...

To the end user it's seamless. There is a feee WHMCS plug-in for it that's the client details, products, invoices etc in the ticket as well. 

No additional logins either. 

As an operator you log in to SupportPal not into the WHMCS admin area. 

It was mid 2016 when we started with it. None of our support staff have any issue with the interface and have never had system changes occur unexpectedly. Each new release is well considered, tested and of benefit. 

Grab the trial and check it out. The importer took a couple of goes and I used their support teams help. Having the ticket history is invaluable.  

10 minutes ago, Damo said:

To the end user it's seamless. There is a feee WHMCS plug-in for it that's the client details, products, invoices etc in the ticket as well. 

No additional logins either. 

As an operator you log in to SupportPal not into the WHMCS admin area. 

It was mid 2016 when we started with it. None of our support staff have any issue with the interface and have never had system changes occur unexpectedly. Each new release is well considered, tested and of benefit. 

Grab the trial and check it out. The importer took a couple of goes and I used their support teams help. Having the ticket history is invaluable.  

Thanks, I definitely would but migrated out of WHMCS last month. I would have otherwise picket this while I was on WHMCS since it looks very promising, and price seems also ok.

2 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

Thanks, I definitely would but migrated out of WHMCS last month. I would have otherwise picket this while I was on WHMCS since it looks very promising, and price seems also ok.

All good 🙂  The recommendation still stands for @snake (the OP).

I hope all went well with your WHMCS migration. We are staying with it + SupportPal for the foreseeable future. Although having lost our lifetime license (yes, technically we didn't if you follow the WHMCS line). The time, cost and changes we would require are so much greater than the monthly recurring fee.

1 hour ago, Damo said:

All good 🙂  The recommendation still stands for @snake (the OP).

I hope all went well with your WHMCS migration. We are staying with it + SupportPal for the foreseeable future. Although having lost our lifetime license (yes, technically we didn't if you follow the WHMCS line). The time, cost and changes we would require are so much greater than the monthly recurring fee.

Technically everyone lost their license. When a security hole is discovered, and owned users can't patch they are going to be forced into a lease. Or they will have to upgrade PHP and other server versions at some point, eventually their installations will be incompatible, and they will have to update. Its not as WHMCS gave anyone a choice here. I just feel its wrong to keep giving these companies money, cPanel included. I pay the costs to run the software, they don't pay my hardware, why should they care how many users or customers I have. Its a greedy taxed model, it cost them the same if you have 1 active customer or a million.

Edited by yggdrasil

6 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

Technically everyone lost their license. When a security hole is discovered, and owned users can't patch they are going to be forced into a lease. Or they will have to upgrade PHP and other server versions at some point, eventually their installations will be incompatible, and they will have to update. Its not as WHMCS gave anyone a choice here. I just feel its wrong to keep giving these companies money, cPanel included. I pay the costs to run the software, they don't pay my hardware, why should they care how many users or customers I have. Its a greedy taxed model, it cost them the same if you have 1 active customer or a million.

Yeah, im with you on this - The principle of the situation and the trust in future decisions has been eroded beyond repair for me personally!

Cost isn't that important in the long run, but I have to be able to trust the software I use and that changed very quickly and dramatically! 

I also moved on, I do have clients still using whmcs which I've essentially given notice of my decision to stop spending time working out what's broken within each update and assisting them after 12 months - I've lined up someone to deal with support for those opting to stay using whmcs and will assist anyone migrating free of charge whose already a client but I can't justify spending the time using software I don't think has a long term lifespan outside of the smallest and the largest companies - HB ironically used to be deemed too expensive and nobody is shocked by an initial 6k buy-in for the top package anymore! 

I wouldn't use them personally, I've gone with something that suits my needs better and I have more faith in for the long term but I really hope whmcs improves for users sake - even the forums are dead beyond advertising! 

It's very sad to see software I spent years using, making what I consider terrible decisions! 😞 

4 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Yeah, im with you on this - The principle of the situation and the trust in future decisions has been eroded beyond repair for me personally!

Cost isn't that important in the long run, but I have to be able to trust the software I use and that changed very quickly and dramatically! 

I also moved on, I do have clients still using whmcs which I've essentially given notice of my decision to stop spending time working out what's broken within each update and assisting them after 12 months - I've lined up someone to deal with support for those opting to stay using whmcs and will assist anyone migrating free of charge whose already a client but I can't justify spending the time using software I don't think has a long term lifespan outside of the smallest and the largest companies - HB ironically used to be deemed too expensive and nobody is shocked by an initial 6k buy-in for the top package anymore! 

I wouldn't use them personally, I've gone with something that suits my needs better and I have more faith in for the long term but I really hope whmcs improves for users sake - even the forums are dead beyond advertising! 

It's very sad to see software I spent years using, making what I consider terrible decisions! 😞 

Last time I was with Hostbill I remember their initial price does not cover updates. So that initial purchase might look like an investment but once you need an update for a module, you need to buy it again since they consider it a new version, they like to launch a new version of their modules once a year which means the old one is left to die without updates. Ouch...

I don't think any large companies use WHMCS. At least I'm not aware of a single known brand that is using the software.

36 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

Last time I was with Hostbill I remember their initial price does not cover updates. So that initial purchase might look like an investment but once you need an update for a module, you need to buy it again since they consider it a new version, they like to launch a new version of their modules once a year which means the old one is left to die without updates. Ouch...

I don't think any large companies use WHMCS. At least I'm not aware of a single known brand that is using the software.

I meant small and large in the scheme of whmcs userbase - there's a couple of larger companies using whmcs but many have sorted their own software! 

Yeah, hb doesn't appeal to me at all - Although the renewal isn't that bad comparatively anymore and it was a serious consideration for us! We decided against it to be able to have more control over things! I'm fortunate to work with some talented staff so migration wasn't a huge issue for us 

22 hours ago, Damo said:

We  have been using it for 6 years now. 

If you look at the support config area in WHMCS you will see that SupportPal is in the dropdown to select. 

We were using Kayako as the drop in support system but it moved to a cloud solution and really went down hill. 

I do not have any other support modules available besides the built in one.

You must have to install their whmcs module to see that.

I remember Kayako used to be in here, but selecting that never did anything, so was never sure what the point was.