Help: WHMCS delete cpanel account where they were installed. 100% delete

zitu4life

Hello there

This is curious.  I could say my WHMCS   committed suicide.  These things should not happen. My production environment just disappear in 1 second with no chances to stop it. I am trying to keep calm since my WHMCS make a backup everyday and send  it to my personal email, and also I was using remote storage amazon S3.   I'm crossing my fingers to solve everything soon.

I  will share my case hope    avoiding other in future to prevent from this scenario.

Every have faced issues with invoice or order with zero amount. So today I decide to  delete some of then , making my WHMCS more clean,  now I wish never  got that idea. 

I have a cpanel that my whmcs were installed inside my WHMCS with a free billing cicly , so it   will never expired, no invoice from it , and also   never account termination .

When deleted some invoice  and  order  related with that  cpanel, IT AUTOMATICALLY JUST TERMINATE AND DELETED CPANEL.    Now i got noting.   By this post I hope  you take care and reinforce your backup, because a disaster could happen when you will never expect!
I am not saying   that new future server  sinc tool could be related, but I guess those order that i delete was related with order that were create automatically by this new tool future.  I could never expect that deleting an order will completely  TERMINATE an account with no warning. I will try to replicate this issue in my dev installation, sad to say it happen in my production environment.

My advice's:

Leave     cpanel where WHMCS is installed away as far as possible   from your WHMCS software because since WHMCS has automation to terminate cpanel account someday it could  deleted his own account.

PS:  Will submit a ticket since I has  license  directly  from WHMCS and hope some help. I have  database backup from today, and also  configuration.php. storage were from  amazon S3.
😓

Edited by zitu4life

For all members that were being watching    this tread  I have to say I am a lucky guy, after a 100% cpanel lost  . A complete database restoration were possible and my WHMCS is up and running again. Of course  there is one third module I need to reinstall and upload some @brian! hook or custom CSSS again, but very happy that at the ends things working well 😊. But being 24h without WHMCS I realized how this  platform  is important for our company.

Thanks   @WHMCS Lawrence for all support on my ticket, if I could rate you 11, I would.

After I replicate this on my dev installation I will follow-up this tread because lost everything while you are using WHMCS on browser is absence and prior that I would say unthinkable.

PS: get your backup always safe!