configproducts.php has no css

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @HarryAdney,

Please start your troubleshooting by following these steps: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678235-troubleshooting-a-blank-page-oops-error-message

Likely an after-market customisation is causing a problem, and should be detailed on-screen with Display Errors enabled.

It might also be worth checking Utilities > Logs > Activity Log for any template syntax errors.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @HarryAdney,

Please start your troubleshooting by following these steps: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678235-troubleshooting-a-blank-page-oops-error-message

Likely an after-market customisation is causing a problem, and should be detailed on-screen with Display Errors enabled.

It might also be worth checking Utilities > Logs > Activity Log for any template syntax errors.

Thanks John.

I've enabled the errors, but the page is exactly the same. I always assumed the website was affected by the errors setting, rather than WHMCS itself.

I've opened the activity log and it's taking a long time to load. Apparently there are 7128493 records in 142570 pages! It also seems to have knocked my site offline - it's showing a 503 error now.

I did set the "limit activity log" to 10000 originally, so I haven't a clue why it should be 7128493 now.

Wondering if I should reinstall... or maybe go be a window cleaner lol.

11 hours ago, HarryAdney said:

I did set the "limit activity log" to 10000 originally, so I haven't a clue why it should be 7128493 now. 

that limit only applies to "System" tasks...

System related entries are those where the user shows as System and associated to UserID 0. Entries attributed to specific clients will be kept indefinitely for auditing purposes. Client specific log entries can be pruned via Utilities > System > System Cleanup.

I think most of the log entries now are assigned to the admin user, so that could explain why it's so large.

Wondering if I should reinstall...

there is a v7.8.1 maintenance release available.... although I suppose in your case, you'd be better off getting the full install zip and using that instead of getting the incremental patch or automatic updater.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Thanks John.

I've enabled the errors, but the page is exactly the same. I always assumed the website was affected by the errors setting, rather than WHMCS itself.

I've opened the activity log and it's taking a long time to load. Apparently there are 7128493 records in 142570 pages! It also seems to have knocked my site offline - it's showing a 503 error now.

Wondering if I should reinstall... or maybe go be a window cleaner lol.

The error you're experiencing tells us a fatal error is occurring when attempting to load one of the custom or 3rd party modules that your products are configured to use.

Enabling error display should have caused an error to be displayed, however, it could be getting hidden from view in the browser output due to broken HTML.  Best thing to do is probably open a ticket so one of our support technicians can take a look.

-Ed

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hi Harry,

Yes it's perfectly safe to re-upload and replace all the files in an existing WHMCS installation with those from a latest zip file download from our website. We recommend doing this from time to time in support to ensure that all files present for an installation are the latest versions. That is assuming that any customisations to templates have been made in a custom template directory (https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/getting-started/), or modifications to files such as language files or whois servers have been made using overrides (https://developers.whmcs.com/languages/overrides/).

-Ed