Custom Reporting

Hi there -

I'm in need of some custom WHMCS reporting, both requests below:

1. We'd like to be able to break out financials numbers by Product Group (if this is possible)? Currently we offer services out of three locations, they are the same service (dedicated servers) but the product group is how we split up locations. I'm running into the issue of not being able to break out financials per locations, so I'm looking for some solutions for this.

2. I'm in need of a report that shows total # of active services at the end of a given month (or even better, at any specified date).

Thanks!

Edited by DMN31

Hi @DMN31

3 hours ago, DMN31 said:

1. We'd like to be able to break out financials numbers by Product Group (if this is possible)? Currently we offer services out of three locations, they are the same service (dedicated servers) but the product group is how we split up locations. I'm running into the issue of not being able to break out financials per locations, so I'm looking for some solutions for this.

i've done something similar to this previously, so feel free to send me a PM if you want me to do this for you.

3 hours ago, DMN31 said:

2. I'm in need of a report that shows total # of active services at the end of a given month (or even better, at any specified date).

I may have to have a longer think about this, but off-hand, i'm not sure that you can easily do that.. the database only stores the current status of a service, not what it was at the end of March 2019 or whenever... obviously, WHMCS sends those details back to WHMCS during a license check, but I don't think it saves them anywhere locally... I suppose you could have a cron hook that counts the active services nightly and saves it to a custom database table - which you could then query in a report, but it would only work for dates after you install the hook and start saving the service values.

19 hours ago, brian! said:

Hi @DMN31

i've done something similar to this previously, so feel free to send me a PM if you want me to do this for you.

I may have to have a longer think about this, but off-hand, i'm not sure that you can easily do that.. the database only stores the current status of a service, not what it was at the end of March 2019 or whenever... obviously, WHMCS sends those details back to WHMCS during a license check, but I don't think it saves them anywhere locally... I suppose you could have a cron hook that counts the active services nightly and saves it to a custom database table - which you could then query in a report, but it would only work for dates after you install the hook and start saving the service values.

Thanks, Brian! Mind PM'ing me? For the life of me I cnanot find an option to message you...

As for #2, if that is not doable, that is fine. I'll just make sure someone pulls active services at the end of the month.

16 hours ago, DMN31 said:

...I'm well aware how to get to his page lol. I'm saying there is no message option on his page...

that's because you haven't enabled PM (though I assumed they were enabled by default) - if you click on your profile menu, can use see a "Messages" option... if so, clicking that should enable private messaging.

zHhKWlG.png

if you go to https://whmcs.community/messenger/ do you see an error message? I think you will do until you enable PM.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

I think you will do until you enable PM.

There is no setting in my profile anywhere to *not* accept PMs, so I'd assume there's none for him to enable them either. I'd say that's just not under the member's control? I also don't have that "messages" link in mine.

no-message-setting.gif

Edited by bear

Just now, bear said:

There is no setting in my profile anywhere to *not* accept PMs, so I'd assume there's none for him to enable them either.

you can disable them - not from the profile page, but from the messenger page itself...

IAoT2IQ.png

if I disable them, then I can enable them again from that profile image I posted previously.

5 minutes ago, bear said:

I'd say that's just not under the member's control? 

I think it is once they're enabled... of course, if @DMN31 can't enable them in the first place, he'll probably need to post in Community Assistance and get Chris to enable it for him.

Ah, so it is possible to disable that. Not too used to the way IPB does stuff, so never thought to look there. 

Still, weird I have an envelope to view messages while you show it as a menu choice. 

Edited by bear