WHMCS 77.1 on a plesk server

HI Guys

I have been running my WHMCS  server on its own VPS without any issues at all

i want to move it to my VPS that has got plesk running on it

i did the move fine and all seemded  ok

BUT

then i noticed  that emails was not bee sent out of WHMCS  no invoices  nothing was been sent out

i was using sendgrid  as my smpt gateway and i woudl still like to use it as it works very well for me 

but no matter where i look im not able to see any errors  on the logs 

i have even looked on the main plesk server logs, but still nothing

i bet its somthing stupid  fthat i have over looked 

Any help / admin is most welcome 

thanks

Paul

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @pjcltd,

Are the emails listed in the WHMCS  Utilities > Logs > Email Message Log?

If not, please begin your troubleshooting by referring to this guide: https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/678803-troubleshooting-email-sending-problems

If they are, then the emails are leaving WHMCS successfully and being accepted by your mail-server. So please check with your mail server admin to investigate any delivery problems.

Hi John

I did look though the link but i dont think thats the issue

when i goto a clients  account and try to get it to send out a message email or try and get it to send out a invoince  email it just stisthere 

no error on screen or any message that  it has sent the email / message  etc

also theres no email in the email logs 

so its very strange 

thanks

Paul

@pjcltd if you open your Google Chrome Developer Console do any errors show in there?   

Could you try adding SMTP Debug to your configuration .php file and sending an email to a client to check if an output shows with the debug enabled?

$smtp_debug = true;

Lastly please check under Help > System Health Status for any errors that may be showing

Are you using Comodo mod security rules?  If so, check site's apache error_log for a mod security hit.  The last time I had this behavior it was false positive for a SQL injection by a generic rule in comodo WAF rule set.  It also affected other scripts, like Wordpress. 

That issue is only when provisioning accounts and not while replying to a ticket or sending an email to the client.  Also, while having graceful restarts you mainly need to have the apache restart interval set from 0 (instant) to something else.  That setting is under the apache settings in tools and settings in plesk admin. 

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

It is possible that incorrect Storage Settings could be causing this behavior. I will suggest checking the storage configuration on the `Setup -> Storage Settings` page and making sure the configuration there is correct. 

Let me know how it goes. 

2 hours ago, WHMCS Sachin said:

It is possible that incorrect Storage Settings could be causing this behavior. I will suggest checking the storage configuration on the `Setup -> Storage Settings` page and making sure the configuration there is correct. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Never seen a storage setting page  where is it 

thanks 

Paul 

• WHMCS Staff

Hi @pjcltd,

In WHMCS 7.7.1, we added a feature to the Setup menu called Storage Settings.

If you're not seeing this, it's likely that your admin area template is out of date. Please upload a fresh copy of the admin directory and have another look. You can retrieve a new copy from a fresh installation ZIP at https://download.whmcs.com/.

Once you've found Storage Settings, you'll need to ensure the configurations are correct and update them if necessary. Documentation on how to achieve that can be found here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Moving_Storage_Locations