Thanks for the advice @brian! I'll bare that in mind, but right now, any hope is accepted. If Stripe decide to shut me down for being non-compliant before the release my headaches are only just beginning 🤣🤣🤣

On 5/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jafar Muhammed said:

Stripe 3D Secure is now In Progress

This is planned to be in 7.8, along with SCA, which is currently in development and should be available well in advance of Stripe's deadline.

3 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

This is planned to be in 7.8, along with SCA, which is currently in development and should be available well in advance of Stripe's deadline.

Hi @WHMCS Lawrence, thanks for responding with the official word. Does this mean we'll be able to use Stripe's Chargeback Protection and would this apply when processing payments admin-side through WHMCS? Or would the client have to make the payment themselves?

55 minutes ago, inteldigital said:

Hi @WHMCS Lawrence, thanks for responding with the official word. Does this mean we'll be able to use Stripe's Chargeback Protection and would this apply when processing payments admin-side through WHMCS? Or would the client have to make the payment themselves?

3DSecure is only for payments initiated by clients themselves - renewal payments will be handled as they are currently and treated as authorized renewal payments. I'd recommend asking Stripe about how they handle chargeback protection, as that would be part of their own policies and not specific to our module.

Stripe does webhooks / call backs when a charge backs / dispute comes in .  As such, WHMCS can setup call backs within the module to handle such events.  Their docs explain this in detail. 

Is there any update on the timeline of this? All transactions for my business run through Stripe and WHMCS. Getting concerned

35 minutes ago, tmr said:

Getting concerned

try not to - that deadline is your strongest weapon with something like this -  without that, WHMCS would almost certainly not have "rushed" to get this feature added in v7.8.... but because that deadline exists, they'll have to try to beat it.

59 minutes ago, tmr said:

The SCA comes into effect in 59 days.

I indeed never seen a date other than referring September month as the SCA ready time. 

Is there an official last date for this change?

I'm hoping for an official update.

But SCA has been in the pipeline for a long time. If it's not ready, you have to question why we pay every month.