Apply Credit REQUIRES enter cvv

hello,

has anyone else come across this issue and a potential fix?

A customer was complaining that they were not able to use the credit that they had available in there account. I kept stating that it was available!

I tested this for my self and sure enough, my client was right!  it's SOOOO confusing.

To explain. I created a test account and gave myself some credit. then I began to purchase a dummy product. I went to checkout as usual. Scrolled down and credit was already selected (at this point thinking my client was a dumbass 🤪) and clicked on complete checkout button...

Drum roll... 💃 I got an error message stating that I needed to enter my cvv?? HUH? 🤬 but I am paying with credit, not a card SO why is it asking me to enter my cvv? this is also based on the default sixth theme with no changes. So very confused. Now I know how my client feels. Forcing him to pay with his card when he clearly has credit. It shouldn't ask for the cvv when paying via available credit... UNLESS I am missing something here.

Anyone else experience this? and has a potential fix?

7 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Anyone else experience this? and has a potential fix?

it's the first thread I recall on it...

two immediate thoughts - firstly, I know that you're using a custom orderform template - it's based on standard_cart, so I assume that you've tried to repeat this using Six & Standard_cart to see if the same thing occurs ?? if you haven't, double-check to see, but I suspect it will still occur with SC too.

secondly, you seem to have only have one payment method - SagePay Repeats - and as the cvv is a required field, that might explain why it's asking for it's completion... i'm assuming that you're trying to pay 100% of the invoice with credit balance?

it might be worth opening a ticket with Support and get them to confirm whether this is intended behaviour... if they say that it is, then you can roll your eyes at them (though I can see why as WHMCS needs to use a gateway option).. if it's not, then the sooner they know about it, the greater the chance of it being fixed in one of the forthcoming v7.7 betas.

one potential fix might be a second gateway option that only becomes visible when the credit balance is greater than the invoice total... so let's say client has £100 in credit; the invoice total is £50 and you have two gateways (Bank Transfer & Sage)... if credit balance > invoice total, then Bank Transfer is shown and Sage hidden (there would then be no cvv issue, but you may need to manually mark it as paid); if credit balance = 0 or less < invoice, then Bank transfer is hidden and only Sage appears as an option... that wouldn't be a million miles away from hooks that i've posted previously and not technically difficult... but perhaps worth checking with WHMCS first that the cvv issue can't be got around another way.

5 minutes ago, brian! said:

it's the first thread I recall on it...

two immediate thoughts - firstly, I know that you're using a custom orderform template - it's based on standard_cart, so I assume that you've tried to repeat this using Six & Standard_cart to see if the same thing occurs ?? if you haven't, double-check to see, but I suspect it will still occur with SC too.

secondly, you seem to have only have one payment method - SagePay Repeats - and as the cvv is a required field, that might explain why it's asking for it's completion... i'm assuming that you're trying to pay 100% of the invoice with credit balance?

it might be worth opening a ticket with Support and get them to confirm whether this is intended behaviour... if they say that it is, then you can roll your eyes at them (though I can see why as WHMCS needs to use a gateway option).. if it's not, then the sooner they know about it, the greater the chance of it being fixed in one of the forthcoming v7.7 betas.

one potential fix might be a second gateway option that only becomes visible when the credit balance is greater than the invoice total... so let's say client has £100 in credit; the invoice total is £50 and you have two gateways (Bank Transfer & Sage)... if credit balance > invoice total, then Bank Transfer is shown and Sage hidden (there would then be no cvv issue, but you may need to manually mark it as paid); if credit balance = 0 or less < invoice, then Bank transfer is hidden and only Sage appears as an option... that wouldn't be a million miles away from hooks that i've posted previously and not technically difficult... but perhaps worth checking with WHMCS first that the cvv issue can't be got around another way.

yup using a custom order form which has the issue BUT on my dev install with all standard carts and themes its also an issue. ill triple check that again just to make sure im sane!

Seems likes its whmcs support time then ;( don't really want to be adding into the mix additional payment gateways just to sort that one issue out. Although that may make sense considering a fix may only be made with a version release 😞

will post an update when i get one.

Just now, Manchester Web Hosting said:

ill triple check that again just to make sure im sane!

your sanity isn't in question at this stage... just that it's always good to check that it's not an issue with a custom template... as I said previously, I would expect standard_cart to do exactly the same... unless your testing reveals otherwise.