Hello,

I am a little confused at what constitutes that an email template is or isn't shown in the drop-down list when selecting a welcome email for a product.

I am trying to set a welcome email but I don't see it in the drop-down.  I only see about emails for the selection when there are plenty more.

Email Templates configured:
http://prntscr.com/lfj8qj

Email Templates shown in drop-down for a product:
http://prntscr.com/lfj9rd

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, bluesteam said:

I am a little confused at what constitutes that an email template is or isn't shown in the drop-down list when selecting a welcome email for a product.

I think it's any of the 5 default "Welcome" Product emails (not including MarketConnect-related templates) plus any custom Product Email templates that you've added yourself.

ETZFgKs.png

10 minutes ago, bluesteam said:

I am trying to set a welcome email but I don't see it in the drop-down.  I only see about emails for the selection when there are plenty more. 

if it's a new custom email template, it would need to be a Product/Service type for it to be in that dropdown.

Ok, but I want the MarketConnect emails to be sent out when the client purchases the product and Currently, I can't select the MarketConnect email Templates and I think it's pointless to have them there if I can't select it.

Those templates are in the Product/Services type but they aren't showing up in the drop-down.

10 minutes ago, bluesteam said:

Ok, but I want the MarketConnect emails to be sent out when the client purchases the product and Currently, I can't select the MarketConnect email Templates and I think it's pointless to have them there if I can't select it.

aren't they sent out automatically with the MC products?

• SiteLock

If FTP access is unable to be automatically provisioned successfully, the welcome email sent to the customer contains instructions for the user detailing how to set FTP credentials manually.

If the automatic provisioning fails, or an external DNS service is being used, the record changes will need to be performed manually. The SiteLock Welcome Email sent to the customer following activation of the service contains instructions that detail the changes needed.

• SpamExperts

If we are unable to automatically make the DNS MX record changes, we instead send an email to client using the template: "SpamExperts Welcome Email" which explains the exact DNS MX records and how to make the changes to their DNS records. This template can be customized to match your hosting setup.

Thanks Brian, After seeing your reply, I see they ONLY get sent out if the automation fails.

This is a nice feature but I would still like an email sent out to the client to state that everything has been set up automatically for them and they don't have to do anything.

At this moment, they ONLY get a mail if the automation fails and they aren't sure "where to from here"

Edited by bluesteam

3 hours ago, bluesteam said:

This is a nice feature but I would still like an email sent out to the client to state that everything has been set up automatically for them and they don't have to do anything.

two possible solutions on this - I don't know if either would work (as I don't offer any MC products and only really use them to test cart/clientarea hooks)...

1. in products/services (and product addons), the MarketConnect products are all there, but hidden from the cart... currently, none of them are assigned a welcome email from the dropdown (I assume the MC welcome emails are hardcoded to be sent under set conditions by the core program) - so one option would be to set an applicable welcome email from the dropdown (in products and/or addons) for each MC product - as you have discovered, you can't access the MC welcome emails, so you would have to create a custom product email template for each product type, (e.g SpamExperts, Weebly etc)... you could literally copy&paste the code from the original template into the custom template if you wanted to... additionally, to prevent the risk of the client getting duplicate emails (e.g one sent by you automatically, and one sent by MC if there is a failure of some sort), I would be tempted to disable the "official" MC email templates using the disable checkbox in each template.... what I don't know is whether MC is hardcoded to send these emails regardless of whether they're disabled or not - logically, they should obey the disablement, but you never quite know with WHMCS until you try! 🙄
  2. you might be able to use a hook to send the email template - but I would certainly suggest that you try the above admin area solution first before you even contemplate trying to code a hook solution.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for this.  I think I am just going to leave it as I don't want to cause more problems on the system.

The MC setup also claims to be fully automated and I have found that it is not.  Specifically the SpamExperts products.

anyways,  I would have expected that when these products are purchased as addons or not, there should always be some sort of welcome communication from the system.  I would have expected that as default in WHMCS

They never cease to amaze me.