Bundle not adding to cart correctly

Isaac Asher

I'm very confused and need some assistance, please. 

I have created a product bundle with the following products/services included (as listed in the following order):
- Domain Registration (Regular Price)
- Bronze Web Presence (Regular Price)
- Site setup and configuration (Regular Price)
- Site customization (Discounted Price)

I wanted to send this in a quote to the customer, but it appears bundles are not available to be added to quotes, although I can't imagine why not.  (Any input here would be welcomed, although it is not my chief reason to raise this issue).

I believe I can create the individual line items on the quote, and then send the customer a link to the bundle to purchase it after they have approved. When I log completely out of all admin accounts, close the browser and open a new window, and then log in with a test customer account, the bundle simply isn't working at all, and I don't know if I'm misusing it or if there's an issue or conflict somewhere. 

When I click on the direct link to the product bundle (/cart.php?a=add&bid=2) it redirects to /cart.php, but it is displaying my Online Merchant package group (nothing at all to do with this package!!).  If I click Continue, nothing happens.  I can select one of the Online Merchant packages and it will allow me to continue to the domain checker step.  After confirming the domain checker, it asks me to select the billing frequency for the Gold Online Merchant package (not part of the bundle).  I select monthly just for grins, and it takes me back to the domain checker step again... where I confirm the same domain name is indeed still available, but this time it says "Bronze Web Presence" above the domain checker box, so it appears to be adding the correct product.  I then select the billing frequency again (this time for the correct hosting package), and it takes me to /cart.php?a=view where I can see it has automatically added the last two items, but it did *NOT* apply the discount in the package, nor did it add the Gold Online Merchant package that it made me step through at the beginning of the process.  The domain registration is listed for the correct price, but the discount was not applied, and it made me appear to purchase a package that has nothing to do with the bundle.  

I obviously can't send this to my customer.. this is very difficult and confusing process, and I can't help thinking it's not supposed to work this way. 

Anyone?  Thanks in advance!

Hi Issac,

7 hours ago, Isaac Asher said:

I obviously can't send this to my customer.. this is very difficult and confusing process, and I can't help thinking it's not supposed to work this way. 

I don't believe that the first product in a bundle can be a domain registration/transfer (just double-checked on v7.6/v7.5 and v6.2.2) - so switching "Bronze Web Presence" and "Domain Registration" order positions around might be the solution.

however, if "Bronze Web Presence" is a hosting product that requires a domain, you shouldn't need to add a separate domain registration to the bundle - as the user can select a domain registration during the ordering of BWP.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

however, if "Bronze Web Presence" is a hosting product that requires a domain

Indeed it is!  I removed the domain registration from the package and it works like a charm.  Customer clicks the link to the package and is routed to the domain checker.  once the domain is accepted, it asks to confirm the billing frequency.  Then it lands at the cart with the customization products already added.  Three simple clicks.  Brilliant. 

Thanks @brian!!!