MaikelVE

Slow Knowledgebase

Hi! I’ve purchased a third party addon, pre made WHMCS kb articles, but now my knowledgebase is realy slow. Looked into the database and saw that the ID’s are starting from 2001. 

Could the ID be a problem?

Edited by MaikelVE

2 hours ago, MaikelVE said:

I’ve purchased a third party addon, pre made WHMCS kb articles

oh the one often written in poor English, terrible grammar and hardly any punctuation?! 9_9

2 hours ago, MaikelVE said:

but now my knowledgebase is realy slow. Looked into the database and saw that the ID’s are starting from 2001. 

Could the ID be a problem?

I wouldn't have thought so, I assume they did just just to avoid overwriting any existing articles in your kb when you import their SQL.

it does seem slow though - maybe 3 or 4 times slower than their kb on their site... even using "Six" on your site, so I don't think it's a template issue... Announcements are slow as well, often 10-15 seconds, so it's unlikely that's going to be linked to the kb issue.

any issues with the server itself ? I can't recall your site being this slow in the past, but I wasn't keeping a note, so I may be mistaken.

6 hours ago, brian! said:

oh the one often written in poor English, terrible grammar and hardly any punctuation?! 9_9I

Haha it’s pretty good written :-)

6 hours ago, brian! said:

I wouldn't have thought so, I assume they did just just to avoid overwriting any existing articles in your kb when you import their SQL.

it does seem slow though - maybe 3 or 4 times slower than their kb on their site... even using "Six" on your site, so I don't think it's a template issue... Announcements are slow as well, often 10-15 seconds, so it's unlikely that's going to be linked to the kb issue.

any issues with the server itself ? I can't recall your site being this slow in the past, but I wasn't keeping a note, so I may be mistaken.

My other websites are loading under 1.6s so I don’t think it’s an issue with the server. I’ll try to disable some plugins and hooks to see if that works but I don’t think that would be the prob

Edited by MaikelVE

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By zitu4life
      Hello  there
      I find   this   client   area   searching   on google, I can assume   it is WHMCS 🙄  but i have saw  that  it uses  pictures on knowledgebase client area...from WHMCS  admin  I did not see a way to add pictures.
      Any idea how to add pictures? 
      PS:   I have edit   named   and   some  picture   due to   possible   copyright  and not to  expose   others   website.

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      I am looking a simple way to add an addon to massive client that has a specific product ACTIVE. I know I could be doing that open on single client and add that addon one by one manually. So maybe other knows a way to do that on a better way.
      I have created this addon and it is a free ADDON, so want now to add it in all wanted client, and this addon should honor client product  billing cycle, because it is free and client will only has this free ADDON if he has this SERVICE\PRODUCT ACTIVATED.
      Client 1:
      Product is Hosting Silver (30-08-2019 - 29-08-2019) monthly
      Will add Addon Standard Support (30-08-2019 - 29-08-2019) monthly
      Client 2:
      Product is Hosting Silver (10-09-2019 - 09-010-2019) monthly
      Will add Addon Standard Support (10-09-2019 - 09-10-2019) monthly
      Client 2:
      Product is Hosting Silver (15-09-2019 - 09-09-2020) year
      Will add Addon Standard Support (15-09-2019 - 09-09-2020) year
      PS: all clients already had product activated, so I only need to add addon to that product on existing client, doing that one by one I know the way 😃
      I want to do that because in that way clients will know and better see it that they have FREE support integrated in their product and our company, so on every invoice they will see displayed there Standard Support FREE with price ZERO and matching with product billing cycle...
      Email and invoices will looks like this:
      items:
      Hosting Silver - www.testdomain.com (14-09-2019 - 13-03-2020) 45 USD
      Addon - Standard Support (14-09-2019 - 13-03-2020) 0 USD
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Sub Total: 45,00 USD
      Credit: 0 USD
      Total: 45,00 USD
      I want to display clients on every invoice that they also has support on my services, they already know that, but I want to have it displayed.
      It could be done by PhpMyAdmin SQL, how?
      I accept better idea or advice too. 😃
    • By cdeese8
      How do I display client tickets tablelist (like in clientarea home panel) on knowledgebase.tpl or static page?
      When i explored the /feed/ folder, it doesn't look like anything relevant is there - perhaps data feeds are not available option (https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds).
      So would I make a hook? That makese sense. I tried to make an includes/hook/display-tickets-help.php file and copy / pasted things I gathered on forums but that's not good. I get oops error and break site.
      Stock theme on WHMCS 7.4.* - this is the hook that is giving me trouble: https://pastebin.com/r1wYxYE7 https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks/hook-index/ https://whmcs.community/topic/284977-hook-to-display-todo-list-to-public-or-logged-in-clients/ tried changing 1 to 0 at the very bottom "add_hook("ClientAreaPage", 0, "display_help_tickets");" (don't think it matters though) Thanks for looking this over if you are thinking about helping out.
      :)
    • By cdeese8
      Howdy WHMCS Community, using WHMCS 7.4.1 I was wondering how I could tweak / adjust the breadcrump for knowledgebase. It looks like when I use {debug} the top level or parent category isn't loaded on the article page.
      kb home > cat 1 > subcat 2 > kb article OR kb home > cat 1 > subcat 2 > subcat 3 > kb article
      (what i desire)
      kb home > cat 2 > kb article
      (what it currently is)
      The breadcrumbs just remove and wipe out the parent cat. Might you know of a hook to possible to display full breadcrumb?
    • By Web Host Pro
      Most addons have a capital letter under the billing date line but the super speed addon is not capitalized.
      How can I change this so they are all capitalized or all lower case.