Hosting Password

Message added by WHMCS ChrisD

In Version 7.5 which went into BETA on 22nd Feb 2018 we've made changes to the default password strength learn more at https://docs.whmcs.com/Version_7.5.0_Release_Notes

Password Generation for Provisioning - WHMCS v7.5 introduces a new default behaviour for the automatic generation of passwords for provisioning of new services. The default password complexity has been increased to consist of 14 characters, containing both lower and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. If you wish to continue using the previous auto generated password format, you can do so by navigating to Setup > General Settings > Security and selecting the option Generate passwords containing a combination of letters and numbers only under the Auto Generated Password Format setting.

The Passwords generated by whmcs to create a hosting account are too weak. With the new safety rules of cpanel, passwords must have a high difficulty. How can we change the generator of passwords?

For example whmcs generates passwords of type **Frth2sx**, without any type of sepcial character

I have this information:

Sorry, the password you selected cannot be used because it is too weak and would be too easy to guess. Please select a password with strength rating of 100 or higher.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

We will investigate possibilities for a programmatic solution which can generate stronger passwords where necessary, without causing problems for other systems which might not accept these kinds of passwords.

In the meantime, reducing the required password strength setting in your WHM settings will workaround the issue.

I know other software that works with cPanel solved this issue by making the password longer than 16 characters. 

I am just saying it might be easier to add a optional setting to force passwords to be longer than 16 characters in WHMCS... 

Edited by ITWolfy

8 hours ago, ITWolfy said:
8 hours ago, ITWolfy said:

I know other software that works with cPanel solved this issue by making the password longer than 16 characters. 

I am just saying it might be easier to add a optional setting to force passwords to be longer than 16 characters in WHMCS... 

what is this software?

• 2 months later...

Required Password Strength on whmcs 20%, 50% and 100% the same problem; Sorry, the password you selected cannot be used because it is too weak and would be too easy to guess. Please select a password with strength rating...

cpanel v68.0.28

whmcs Version: 7.4.2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to update this thread and let you know that we've made some changes in WHMCS v7.5 which is in BETA from today. I'd highly recommend getting involved with the BETA and running a test installation to give this new feature a whirl you can learn more over at http://preview.whmcs.com

Password Generation for Provisioning - WHMCS v7.5 introduces a new default behaviour for the automatic generation of passwords for provisioning of new services. The default password complexity has been increased to consist of 14 characters, containing both lower and uppercase letters, numbers and symbols. If you wish to continue using the previous auto generated password format, you can do so by navigating to Setup > General Settings > Security and selecting the option Generate passwords containing a combination of letters and numbers only under the Auto Generated Password Format setting.