Enabling automated recurring payments

ccnjhost

Hi! I'm relatively new to WHMCS and am used to what WHMAP did for billing, so maybe my question is irrelevant, but I'm hoping I can figure out a way to get my billing working a lot better than it is right now.

In WHMAP, my platform automatically generated invoices for clients and put the billable transactions into an "Authorize.net batch" which I was then able to hit "include" to process charges. I don't know how to get payment information - whether through Auth.net or via WHMCS directly to be able to process the charges - by each client. I found how to record a payment, but not how to automate the invoicing and billing of the services. Can someone possibly guide me as to how I can setup the billing and automated payments? And even better, would WHMCS automatically process payments on the 1st of the month for clients on monthly billing?

Thanks so much!

Jennifer