Configurable options & Product addons

solver80

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to setup Configurable options and Product addons.

This is what I'm trying to achieve:

I already have 3 hosting plans and I don't want to add more of them. On each plan there is fixed size of disk space. I would like to give option to users to be able to increase disk space without upgrading the hosting plan (on highest pan that wouldn't be even possible).

With my understanding I should use "Configurable options" rather than "Product addons" (as per: http://docs.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Configurable_Options)

So I did:

1) Created Group "Disk space"

2) Assigned products (hosting plans) to it

3) Created Option title "Additional disk space"

4) Added 2 options "2GB" and "5GB", selected them as Drop down, and provided prices.

5) In each product double checked that Configurable options are selected (configproducts.php?action=edit&id=2#tab5)

Now if I login as customer and go Services & Products (clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=28) at the bottom I can see "Configurable Options" but I'm not able to change anything there. It already shows my lowest option "2GB" and the price.

So now I have 2 questions:

A) Are there any settings I forgot about?

B) My server is based on WHM/cPanel and if you order new hosting plan from WHMCS than is automatically set up. How to setup WHM/cPanel and & WHMCS to made those "Configurable Options" automatic ?

WHMCS is really powerful program but what annoys me most is that the setting are spread all over the place.

I did missed this, thank you. I selected this and saved but still can't change "Configurable options".

I thought that maybe my template is faulty so I switched to "six" using ?systpl=six but no change:

Snap 2016-02-26 at 19.32.59.png

What I noticed that in my admin panel (admin/clientsservices.php?userid=16) I can see now "Additional Disk Space" and I'm able to select options from dropdown but after saving I don't see any change in user disk space.

1) So looks like somewhere is option which prevent users to change "Configurable options" themselves. Where that could be?

2) How to setup WHM/cPanel and & WHMCS to made those "Configurable Options" actually work?

I thought that maybe my template is faulty so I switched to "six" using ?systpl=six but no change:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10330[/ATTACH]

if you were using the Six template, you should see a "Upgrade/Downgrade Options" link in a sidebar - I just added a config option to an existing product (that didn't have any previously) and logged in as the client and the link in the sidebar was there and linked to the upgrade page that could change config options.

What I noticed that in my admin panel (admin/clientsservices.php?userid=16) I can see now "Additional Disk Space" and I'm able to select options from dropdown but after saving I don't see any change in user disk space.

I don't think config options can do this by default - the usual way to do this and get them provisioned would be to upgrade product (and that could be to hidden products that visitors won't see in your order forms).

OK after hours of browsing net I know for sure that "Configurable Options" are only if you ordering new product/service. (Why would they not tell this in WHMCS manual??)

they can be added to existing products, and will generate upgrade invoices where appropriate.

Is there any module for adding Disk space to existing account?

the obvious one would be WHMCS's own "Configurable Package Addon" for $70 - there may be alternatives.

http://www.whmcs.com/addons/configurable-package-addon/

Thank you. I almost gave up on it.

I tested it:

1) Customer have plan with 5GB disk space.

2) I placed order through "Upgrade/downgrade options" for another 5GB

3) Than I went to admin Panel, accepted the order and run Cron

3) When I go as an customer to product/services (clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=20) at the bottom I can see "Additional Disk Space 5GB" but at the top in "Usage Statistic Disk Usage" it's still shows 5GB total.

So I have to manually adjust disk space on the server or probably as you suggest best idea to do hidden products.

If "Configurable Options" are unable to automatically increase disk space on the server and you have to manually upgrade to hidden plan. Than more sense is not to use "Configurable Options" at all and offer "Upgrade/Downgrade" to that hidden plan instead. This way is more automatic and doesn't require your attention.