Pipe replies without quoting message history

Michael F

I know there are a couple of threads discussed this issue before but this one is slightly different.

I'm using Google Apps. I had a problem with piped replies as it was quoting the message history but fortunately this thread solved the problem.

However, Gmail quotes the date and time on replies. So for example, when a client opens a ticket and I reply, then he reply back from his email, the imported (piped) reply will look like the following in the ticket system:

Blah Blah.. This is the client reply.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Technical Support < support@example.com> wrote:

WHMCS actually stripped the original message history but didn't strip the timestamp.

I found no way to solve this. I Added many breaklines in the tblticketbreaklines table and the email template as well, I tried various combinations but non of them has stripped the date and time that Gmail quote in every reply. I couldn't find a preference in Gmail that turn off that timestamp too.

Here are two sample screenshots that might describe better:

1) From Gmail Inbox:

gmail message.png

2) From WHMCS Ticketing View:

whmcs piped.png

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could share a solution to this issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Michael F

• 4 weeks later...