sentq

Knowledgebase Non-Latin SEO URLs Fix

This script will add support for Non-Latin characters in WHMCS Knowledge Base URLs.

by default WHMCS allow only Latin (a-z) characters in SEO URLs, after installing this action hook all Knowledge Base URLs will be re-generated and all Non-Latin characters will be translated to Latin characters and give you valid and search engine friendly URLs.

Mod Type:

Action Hook

This Mod features:

1) Re-Generate URLs for articles and categories inside WHMCS knowledge base.

2) Re-Generate URLs for bread crumbs in the same section to.

3) No template modification required.

How to Install:

1) Download the ZIP from: http://whmcms.com/downloads/6/Free-Hooks-and-addons-modules#item1

2) Upload the contents from #1 to " /includes/hooks/ " directory

3) Activate "KB SEO Friendly URLs" feature from Admin area > Setup > General Settings > Support tab.

• Like 1

Hello sentq,

I took a look at your code and noticed that your hook is converting  non-latin latin-like characters to their nearest latin characters (ie. ü to ue) . But what about other non-latin languages such as asian languages?

Do you think it would be possible to modify your code to force the WHMCS to keep non-latin characters in the url ? (As you know WHMCS removes them from the urls by default).

I'm pretty sure that Google can understand non-latin characters and will index them in its search results.

4 hours ago, Aris.N. said:

Does this module work with Announcements also?

no - it's using the ClientAreaPageKnowledgebase hook, so it only gets triggered on the KB pages... whether it could be expanded to include Announcements, I don't know off-hand.

btw - for others looking for sentq's free modules, they can now be found at https://www.whmcms.com/download

I'm just letting anyone know how things works on WHMCS side. I've asked about this in ticket because IMHO this is not an additional feature. This is a BUG which makes national characters beking skipped in URL generation. This is what WHMCS has responded:

Unfortunately we are not able to implement every feature request that is submitted. Each feature or case resolution requires significant development time and we receive a large number of requests daily. For this reason, typically those features that are popular with the community are implemented while others are not.

The feature request in question has been under investigation to see if implementing it is feasible, but it has existed in our system for 6 years and in that time only 13 people have voted for it.

If this is something you would like to see implemented in WHMCS, we would recommend sharing the feature request on our community and any webhosting related groups/forums you may frequent.

I have no words to say how I'm dissapointed here...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cdeese8
      How do I display client tickets tablelist (like in clientarea home panel) on knowledgebase.tpl or static page?
      When i explored the /feed/ folder, it doesn't look like anything relevant is there - perhaps data feeds are not available option (https://docs.whmcs.com/Data_Feeds).
      So would I make a hook? That makese sense. I tried to make an includes/hook/display-tickets-help.php file and copy / pasted things I gathered on forums but that's not good. I get oops error and break site.
      Stock theme on WHMCS 7.4.* - this is the hook that is giving me trouble: https://pastebin.com/r1wYxYE7 https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks/hook-index/ https://whmcs.community/topic/284977-hook-to-display-todo-list-to-public-or-logged-in-clients/ tried changing 1 to 0 at the very bottom "add_hook("ClientAreaPage", 0, "display_help_tickets");" (don't think it matters though) Thanks for looking this over if you are thinking about helping out.
      :)
    • By cdeese8
      Howdy WHMCS Community, using WHMCS 7.4.1 I was wondering how I could tweak / adjust the breadcrump for knowledgebase. It looks like when I use {debug} the top level or parent category isn't loaded on the article page.
      kb home > cat 1 > subcat 2 > kb article OR kb home > cat 1 > subcat 2 > subcat 3 > kb article
      (what i desire)
      kb home > cat 2 > kb article
      (what it currently is)
      The breadcrumbs just remove and wipe out the parent cat. Might you know of a hook to possible to display full breadcrumb?
    • By Mahmoud
      Why when I change a page of pages is added meta but in the knowledge base is not there is something? missing
      this is my meta
          {if $metadescription}<meta name="description" content="{$metadescription}" />{/if}

this is my hook
         if ($vars['filename'] == "knowledgebase"){ 
              $metakeywords = $_LANG['keywordsknowledgebase'];
              $metadescription = $_LANG['descriptionknowledgebase'];
          }

is there a problem

• By ScottN
      At the bottom of every Knowledgebase Article, there is a tag symbol, and then two tags "Email, SSL".  It doesn't matter what real tag I have added for the article, it only shows "Email, SSL" for every article.  I have read the documentation on Knowledge Base Tags, but it only talks about the tag cloud (which seems to work OK) but not this end-of-article list of tags. 

Any pointers on either removing this, or fixing it so it shows the real tags assigned to the article, would be greatly appreciated!
      - Scott
    • By MaikelVE
      Hi! I’ve purchased a third party addon, pre made WHMCS kb articles, but now my knowledgebase is realy slow. Looked into the database and saw that the ID’s are starting from 2001. 
      Could the ID be a problem?