Knowledgebase Non-Latin SEO URLs Fix

sentq

This script will add support for Non-Latin characters in WHMCS Knowledge Base URLs.

by default WHMCS allow only Latin (a-z) characters in SEO URLs, after installing this action hook all Knowledge Base URLs will be re-generated and all Non-Latin characters will be translated to Latin characters and give you valid and search engine friendly URLs.

Mod Type:

Action Hook

This Mod features:

1) Re-Generate URLs for articles and categories inside WHMCS knowledge base.

2) Re-Generate URLs for bread crumbs in the same section to.

3) No template modification required.

How to Install:

1) Download the ZIP from: http://whmcms.com/downloads/6/Free-Hooks-and-addons-modules#item1

2) Upload the contents from #1 to " /includes/hooks/ " directory

3) Activate "KB SEO Friendly URLs" feature from Admin area > Setup > General Settings > Support tab.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello sentq,

I took a look at your code and noticed that your hook is converting  non-latin latin-like characters to their nearest latin characters (ie. ü to ue) . But what about other non-latin languages such as asian languages?

Do you think it would be possible to modify your code to force the WHMCS to keep non-latin characters in the url ? (As you know WHMCS removes them from the urls by default).

I'm pretty sure that Google can understand non-latin characters and will index them in its search results.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Aris.N. said:

Does this module work with Announcements also?

no - it's using the ClientAreaPageKnowledgebase hook, so it only gets triggered on the KB pages... whether it could be expanded to include Announcements, I don't know off-hand.

btw - for others looking for sentq's free modules, they can now be found at https://www.whmcms.com/download

• 8 months later...

I'm just letting anyone know how things works on WHMCS side. I've asked about this in ticket because IMHO this is not an additional feature. This is a BUG which makes national characters beking skipped in URL generation. This is what WHMCS has responded:

Unfortunately we are not able to implement every feature request that is submitted. Each feature or case resolution requires significant development time and we receive a large number of requests daily. For this reason, typically those features that are popular with the community are implemented while others are not.

The feature request in question has been under investigation to see if implementing it is feasible, but it has existed in our system for 6 years and in that time only 13 people have voted for it.

If this is something you would like to see implemented in WHMCS, we would recommend sharing the feature request on our community and any webhosting related groups/forums you may frequent.

I have no words to say how I'm dissapointed here...

• 1 year later...