How to link historical tickets with a submitter and their company?

itomic

Hi All,

Is it possible to associate historical support tickets in WHMCS to Company, i.e. *after* you add the submitter as an additional contact record for a company in WHMCS? Or does this happen automatically?

We've just noticed/realised that lots of tickets have been received by a client who was not recognised by WHMCS because the client's email address was not recorded as a contact in WHMCS. So we've now added the contact using the email address that matches all the tickets he's been sending, but there's no sign of any linking of historical tickets to that newly added contact record.

Thanks,

Ross

Thanks for that. I can see how this would work, but....

1. I've got probably about 100+ tickets from this contact, so going through this process for each ticket historically would be quite onerous.

2. When I did it for 1 ticket, the name of the person that the ticket is being associated with is the existing primary contact record/person associated with the company - as opposed to the name of the contact that I just added with the matching email address. This is potentially a cosmetic issue only... but seeing the name of the additional contact (that I just added) that matches the submitter email address would be very preferable.

So sincerely thanks for you suggestion @sentq... but I wonder if it's possible to improve upon your solution?