eNom Reseller Renewal Information

cascer1

Hi

If its of any interest, we have created a script that will check for any ENOM domains that have expired X days ago and send the client the contents of a Template. Needed for compliance. Available at http://www.elive.me/downloads/4/Software

Just change the 2 lines near the top (lines 25 & 26) to put in the name of your template and also how many days after expiring to send the email (we send it 3 days after).

It passes the domain name and expiry date so use a line line this in your template :

{$domain_name} - Expired on {$domain_expiry_date}

Use at your own risk, but working fine for us. Set it up a daily cron job.

Seanie

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I believe the intention at the moment is to add a new email expiration email, so that would work with any domain registrar.

As for getting LogicBoxes/ResellerClub to stop sending renewal reminders directly to the registrant, that's not something we can stop.

Hi,

I believe the intention at the moment is to add a new email expiration email, so that would work with any domain registrar.

Awesome.

As for getting LogicBoxes/ResellerClub to stop sending renewal reminders directly to the registrant, that's not something we can stop.

I understand, but it was worth a shot, yannow? :)

Hi

If its of any interest, we have created a script that will check for any ENOM domains that have expired X days ago and send the client the contents of a Template. Needed for compliance. Available at http://www.elive.me/downloads/4/Software

Seanie

Thanks for this script seanie248. It's very helpful. I'm wondering though, do you know if we can use the enom registrar functions to get the registrant email address instead of sending to the account contact? The rules require that we send to the registrant and not the account contact.

I was trying to use enom_GetContactDetails(), but that function does not seem to exist.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Of course that still doesn't get the sendMessage to send to a specific email address, so I'll probably need to do some hard coding to get the email to use the template and to update the database/log.

Just to add some pressure; brian was so helpful to give me a heads up and link to this thread... Another problem is for instance; currently we run multiple different hosting websites with each their unique name, running on the same Enom account. Now that Enom decided they have the right to bother our customers with those notifications, 80% of my customers get mails send on behalf of 'one' of my hosting companies, which is not the one they're hosting with.

Even though I'm happy to see WHMCS is taking action, since Matt replied to this thread on the 27th of january, the slightly laid-back attitude I seem to taste is a bit surprising. I would think within days a patch should be released with this simple compliance. Could we please add it to the top of the list?

Just to add some pressure; brian was so helpful to give me a heads up and link to this thread... Another problem is for instance; currently we run multiple different hosting websites with each their unique name, running on the same Enom account. Now that Enom decided they have the right to bother our customers with those notifications, 80% of my customers get mails send on behalf of 'one' of my hosting companies, which is not the one they're hosting with.

Just a side question, in your enom account do you just use generic info so that the whois doesn't show one of your brands? I'm dealing with the same, multiple brands, one enom. I was going to setup another reseller subaccount with zero markup just to have them be in different accounts for whois purposes.

• 6 years later...