Invalid Token 5.2.15 and 5.2.16 (Cannot create invoices)

lanquest

"Invalid Token" issue is not fully resolved.

I was getting this message in version 5.2.15 and have just upgraded to version 5.2.16 hoping it would go way.

So far I'm only getting this message when I click on the Create invoice button from the Client Invoices Tab and from the Create invoice link on the client Summary tab.

1. Login into WHMCS, I'm using two part authentication, setting leave me logged in until I log out option.

2. Go straight to the areas i mentioned above with no interruptions and get the Invalid Token message.

Expected Results: Whatever you were doing completed.

Actual Results: Invalid Token.

Browsers:

Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m

Firefox Version 26.0

I'm getting the very same on my work PC and home PC.

Edited by lanquest

Michael,

I am not aware of any reports of of invalid tokens in those areas that were not caused by a partial update.

I did another fresh install of 5.2.16 and was unable to reproduce either of those token issues.

Can you open a ticket with our support team so they can investigate this further?

Nate C

I find I get token issues when using the search in the top right corner..

If I leave the WHMCS window open for some time (and say goto lunch) then come back and search, I get the invalid token error.

To correct, I simply click the WHMCS logo in top left, which reloads the page and then the search works.

Can anyone else verify this same behavior?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This thread is a good example of why I try to close bug threads as soon as an issue is either replicated and a case opened or resolved. In this case the original reporters issue was resolved in a support ticket by re-uploading all of the files. As I suggested in my reply, most often token errors are happening due to incomplete updates.

Since that original report two other people have made additional comments. Slim, the php tokens are tracked as part of a php session, the length of which is a setting in your php.ini / environment setup. If you have increased this setting and you are still having an issue, please open a support ticket so our team can investigate things further. Alinford, I am afraid I can't speak to your specific issue as I am not sure which issue is happening for you as well. I am going to close this thread. If the comments here don't apply to your situation, please open a new thread and I will do my best to address your situation specifically.

Have a great day,

Nate C