ICANN 2013 RAA - new "Suspended" domain status needed

stormy

As you probably know by now, the new ICANN 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement comes into effect on January 1st.

This is going to heavily impact all domain registrars and resellers. If you're not familiar with the changes, read on:

http://www.enom.com/raa/

http://blog.resellerclub.com/2013/12/12/impact-of-the-2013-raa-whois-info-verification/

In a nutshell:

ICANN expects the Registrar to verify the contact information for the Registrant contact of each gTLD domain name, and suspend domains that are not verified in 15 days.

I think this needs a new domain "Suspended" status in WHMCS. It would also be a good time to introduce a "transferred out" status, a long standing feature request.

With the amount of extra work and headaches that suspended domains are going to create, it would be great to automate the technical part of it as much as possible.

Can we have some official word from WHMCS?

Hi John,

That's good news. Thanks for the official reply!

LogicBoxes/Resellerclub/NetEarthOne already supports this, a domain can be suspended and unsuspended.

The easiest thing to do would be to simply add two more statuses to WHMCS, "Suspended" and "Transferred out". Then modules can be written for them, we can use them manually if needed, etc.

Surely it would be beneficial for our installations to always have the most current information, namely if the registrar has put it on hold, our WHMCS should show that. The domain sync should pick up the Suspended status as well.

For the time being, I'd be happy with the first step of simply adding those two new statuses to WHMCS.

Hi,

I can confirm at this time we are aware of the new Suspended domain status, but it really depends upon how each individual registrar decides to implement it.

For now it would be fine if you could just update with the next whmcs release, the "status column" in "tbldomains" by adding "Suspended" to the dropdown menu.

This at least would allow 3rd party developers to make use of the status "Suspended".

• 2 weeks later...

What about verification emails that get sent to the registrant if they change their contact information a domain name? The contact information page should display a popup or something that alerts the customer of the new Verification email that Enom sends out immediately after changing an email address. And that they need to now click on the link in that email, otherwise the domain name could go down 15 days after a customer makes a change. Is this something we have to do? Do we need to modify the contact page or is WHMCS planning to put out a patch with something that brings this to the customers attention?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have already had a number of client domains go into suspend mode this month. Purely because the client says they had not received the RAA Email Notification.

To at least allow us to be a little more pro-active in the meantime. What would also be great would be able enable us to see which newly registered domains have yet to be verified.

Not sure if this also effects transfers. Could someone let me know please :)

Thanks

The contact information page should display a popup or something that alerts the customer of the new Verification email that Enom sends out immediately after changing an email address

The contact modification page is a TPL like almost all other pages in WHMCS - you can change it to say/do what you like :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this also effects transfers. Could someone let me know please :)

Depends on your registrar, as 'technically' contact information doesn't change on a transfer, but they _may_ choose to require verification.

A 'Suspended' status (to be set by those registrars with modules that callback, or in the sync by those stuck in archaic methodology) is *URGENTLY* needed in WHMCS

• 1 month later...

hi,

I have a .com domain which is now showing the message "Your domain is suspended due to failure of RAA verification".

I completed the verification process by clicking the link from the mail and got the success message. But the domain still shows the same message of suspension.

Any idea how long it takes for the removing the suspension after the verification process??

Thanks