aWHMCS - Android App, SSL Error

HostT

Ok so I know this has been discussed many times, but come on guys, I can't believe a $35 app hasn't had an update since 2011!! What's that all about!? I know you guys have made money off the app, you could at least have put it back into development of the app.

REMOVED SSL ERROR

EDIT: Looks like it was an issue with GeoTrust EV SSL authority intermediate cert.

BUT still, regarding the Android app, it's aggravating (to both me and others im sure) that WHMCS creates a mobile version of the site, BUT you have to pay for it, and has done absolutely no development on the android app since 2011.

At the least I think WHMCS should give people who purchased the Android app the option to revoke their license for a mobile version license.

Edited by HostT

Thank you for your feedback!

We would definitely like to get an update out for the Android App. The WHMCS product manager has been giving the mobile app, in general, serious review and pushing for the Apps to get updated.

We don't have an estimate of when the update will be ready, but please be assured that we are aware of the need for an update and are working toward getting it done.

If you would like to discuss the issue further, please open a support ticket.

At the least I think WHMCS should give people who purchased the Android app the option to revoke their license for a mobile version license.

I tried this with my copy of iWHMCS and was told no. It's even cheaper and they would have come out ahead, I found somewhere on these forums tho the web app doesn't give you all the functions and is not too great it self. I would just wait for an update, although I think hell might freeze over before then. (It's not looking to promising for this year)

• 2 months later...

Response from ticket was:

"We do not provide refunds on purchases that are over 30 days in age. We are working on a new version of the Android, Apple, and Windows app and anticipate releases this in 2014."

Still waiting on some type of an update...

With 10,000 - 50,000 reported downloads, knowing there is at LEAST 10,000 downloads, if only 10% of those people paid for a license, that would be $34,950.00.

You're telling me you made 35k off an app, and that's assuming 10% of the lowest number of people that downloaded that app actually buying it, and can't even put out any updates? Tsk Tsk WHMCS

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
aWHMCS, iWHMCS, PM ADDON, maybe they are a small team and there is so much to work on, but still can give a headsup!

Regardless, with how much they made off the app there should be no reason they couldn't pay for someone to develop a new version and that be the sole task of that individual. Hell I could make one myself but they claim one will be released soon so I have not made any attempt to do so .... still waiting ...

• 3 months later...
They already stated that they work on an update. Would you rather have an update that fixes only a part of the bugs, or do you want an update that fixes everything and has been tested to work correctly?

Something is always better than nothing, so at this point, I would rather just have an update even if it makes it worse! Just to show they are pushing updates and still supporting all the people who PAID for it

Still wondering if anything will ever happen with this ... probably release a new version that we will have to pay for again eh? haha it's time to build a third party one now

Month after month I still am not surprised .... tsk tsk

Edited by Infopro
Merged Bumps

• 4 weeks later...
Something is always better than nothing, so at this point, I would rather just have an update even if it makes it worse! Just to show they are pushing updates and still supporting all the people who PAID for it

Still wondering if anything will ever happen with this ... probably release a new version that we will have to pay for again eh? haha it's time to build a third party one now

Month after month I still am not surprised .... tsk tsk

I think we can now look at the iWHMCS 2.0 to answer a couple things.

1. When will the android app come out? Beta is expected within 3 - 4 weeks according to the newly updated iWHMCS website, work is well underway.

2. Will 1.0 license holders need to pay again to get the new Android app? Most likely not considering the iOS app didn't require any additional payments/upgrade payments.

• 4 weeks later...
I think we can now look at the iWHMCS 2.0 to answer a couple things.

1. When will the android app come out? Beta is expected within 3 - 4 weeks according to the newly updated iWHMCS website, work is well underway.

2. Will 1.0 license holders need to pay again to get the new Android app? Most likely not considering the iOS app didn't require any additional payments/upgrade payments.

No answer on this from WHMCS team???

Its sad that there is no proper Android app. iPhone receives all the love but the Android mobile market share is twice as big worldwide and there is no proper Android app. :(

Also, WHMCS is rather a geeky product and I'm very sure like it was said gazillions of times before, for some reason geeks prefer Android which means current WHMCS users are probably bigger on the Android sector.