Anyone selling domain names and 2Checkout

IRoo

Hi

I am in the process of setting up products in 2checkout, and about to start on the domain extensions.

2Checkout say that I must have every product I am selling through WHCMS which is simple for the web hosting plans, but a night mare for domain names.

Almost every domain name can be purchased for between 1 and 10 years. Some for just 2 years, others for up to 5 years and then a jump to 10 years. And some for just 1 year. Most renewals can be up to a max of 10 years and so on for the other domain extensions.

With around 39 domain extensions, thats a night mare to set up in 2checkout which allows one description for a product.

For example: a .com domain name can be renewed for up to 10 years. The cost for year 1 is lets say $12, year 2 $11.90

year 3 $11.80 year 4 $11.70 and so on. So just this one domain extension will need 10 different products to be enterred into the 2Checkout system.

Before I get into this, I just wanted to ask if there was anyone else selling domain names with varying renewal times and how the handled this with 2checkout.

Hope someone else had or has a similar problem

cheers

Daniel aka IRoo

If any one does read this and thinks they have the same set up problem, this is the reply I received from 2Checkout:

WHMCS will actually create the products and sales within your 2Checkout Account using our API system (which is why you are required to create another username with API Access and API updating) so you will not have to manually create all of them yourself. just make sure you follow the integration steps:

https://www.2checkout.com/shopping-cart/whmcs/

The API documentation is here if you would like to get an idea of how WHMCS transfers the product information to the 2Checkout system via API calls:

https://www.2checkout.com/documentation/api/

Cheers all

Daniel aka IRoo