Password reset does not send reset passwords automatically

hekg

Some of my users have been complaining that password reset does not do anything and I just confirmed this by testing it out.

After going through the password reset process a reset link is mailed to the user and then when that link is clicked the whmcs page opens and displays a "password has been reset" message but that's it. No new password is mailed to the user that requested it and the process just seems to stop there.

When I log into the main admin area I can however 'reset and send' a new password to the user so that works.

Why wouldn't the automated process not be completing though?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This suggests the /templates/*your active template*/pwreset.tpl and pwresetvalidation.tpl files are out of date (ie. weren't updated when upgrading).

Please copy the aforementioned files from /templates/default/ to /templates/*your active template*/ , then clear your template cache (Utilities > System > System Cleanup) and the issue should be resolved.

Please ensure your custom templates are always updated in accordance with our release notes when upgrading: http://docs.whmcs.com/Release_Notes

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John, that did the trick! :)

Now, is it possible that WHMCS not inculde the 'placeholder.png' image in the updates? I always forget to change that image when I upgrade and my clients see the horrible logo placeholder. Thanks again.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Hi,

You should upload your own logo.png file to the /images directory and this will automatically replace the placeholder image. That's what the instructions in the placeholder image say to do ;)

hi,

i am using customized template (my own template),i have a question.when updating whmcs should i replace all .tpl files?

i am using customized template (my own template),i have a question.when updating whmcs should i replace all .tpl files?

I think the general idea is not to edit or customise any of the provided templates directly, but rather to copy the specific template you want to use, rename it (e.g mytemplate) and re-upload that directory.

that way, when you do an whmcs update, you won't overwrite your own customised template files.

• 4 weeks later...