Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

I give up. I'm disappointed you're pushing the blame elsewhere, and even more disappointed you're requesting "sponsorship" to add a minor option to workaround an issue that your own module introduces.

The only positive is that your code is unencrypted. I guess we'll just add this ourselves then.

While it's your right to post a feature request, it is Joe's right to decide on whether to implement the requested feature so I do not see where the disappointment come from. If you need a feature that is not included in the module and nobody else requested for it, the developer has every right to not implement it and to charge you to implement a custom feature specifically for you. I know I would prefer him to spend time developing other areas and perfecting his modules than something like this which I do not need.

@jclarke: Maybe you should start charging for the module instead of giving it away for free. You're doing a great job and the $15/year commercial support doesn't do you justice.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you completely missed the point and specifically the part where I said, and I quote:

The purpose of me posting in this thread was to get feedback from others on the subject.

This isn't some personal gripe thread for me, and just because I'm the only one being vocal about this issue right now, does not mean it's not something others are not interested in. It may not even be a problem they are familiar with due to the rather sparse documentation for this module.

Your little dig about charging for the module is hilarious (due to context and intent), but yet quite unnecessary. Nothing about this discussion adds any weight to the need to charge for the module - that's their prerogative. For what it's worth, we already purchased the commercial support from them - both as a way to "give back" and also because we had some additional questions that weren't covered and they refuse to provide support in this thread.

You may disagree with my feedback on this, but I can guarantee you that the things I've mentioned are affecting other people. Clients like control over their billing and finances, and right now that's not something they get with this module.

EDIT: Just want to say that I am happy with the module (despite this issue) and I have no problems with ServerPing, Joe or anyone who works there. The support is great and well worth the $15/year fee, and I recommend anyone who has this module to purchase the support at least as a "thank you". The point of this feedback is to invoke discussion and hopefully improve the addon.

Edited by JulesR

I think you completely missed the point and specifically the part where I said, and I quote:

This isn't some personal gripe thread for me, and just because I'm the only one being vocal about this issue right now, does not mean it's not something others are not interested in. It may not even be a problem they are familiar with due to the rather sparse documentation for this module.

Your little dig about charging for the module is hilarious (due to context and intent), but yet quite unnecessary. Nothing about this discussion adds any weight to the need to charge for the module - that's their prerogative. For what it's worth, we already purchased the commercial support from them - both as a way to "give back" and also because we had some additional questions that weren't covered and they refuse to provide support in this thread.

You may disagree with my feedback on this, but I can guarantee you that the things I've mentioned are affecting other people. Clients like control over their billing and finances, and right now that's not something they get with this module.

If you are trying to gather feedback on your suggestion and requesting for a feature from the module developer, you should have the expectation that your suggestion or request may not accepted by the module developer due to the lack of demand or some other reasons and there's no need to gripe about it.

You can either sway public opinion here to put pressure on him to change his mind (I've yet to see anyone who wants this feature yet so maybe give it some time?) or pay him to implement a custom feature for you, problem solved.

Again, you've missed the point. This isn't me asking the developer specifically to include it (I can do that via support ticket) - it's to incite discussion on the point. I'm not sure why you're spending so much time trying to close this discussion down, just because it's not something you personally are not interested in. If you don't like the idea, state that and walk away.

It's completely irrelevant and honestly ridiculous that you can say that you've "yet to see anyone who wants this feature" since the discussion is less than 72 hours old!

Again, you've missed the point. This isn't me asking the developer specifically to include it (I can do that via support ticket) - it's to incite discussion on the point. I'm not sure why you're spending so much time trying to close this discussion down, just because it's not something you personally are not interested in. If you don't like the idea, state that and walk away.

It's completely irrelevant and honestly ridiculous that you can say that you've "yet to see anyone who wants this feature" since the discussion is less than 72 hours old!

Woah cool down you are being quite emotional now. :)

While I'm not interested in this feature, I'm not trying to close the discussion down. I did agree with your points that the discussion is still new which is why I said to give it some more time so I am not sure what is the fuss here.

What I am trying to convey to you is to not be too emotional when your suggestion is not being accepted by the developer as he is not obliged to do anything unless it is a highly requested feature or if someone pays him to implement it.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem like the others where the first payment always fail, this is the solution I found.

If you have edited your header.tpl, please make sure that this line is added back before the </head> tag.

{$headoutput}

This will add the Stripe.js codes in your order pages to process the credit card info and turn it into a token.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by kokyew

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had issues with clients trying to update their cc.

I'm running default template/ajax cart and 5.3.9 with no edits to any of the templates

Logged in as the client and first deleting the existing card number and then adding another card results in

The following errors occurred:

Your card could not be saved, please try again or contact support.

Logged in as admin and manually editing the same clients cc details from the admin panel results in:

- Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support.

I just re-installed the latest version of the plugin including all the templates and files to double check and the stripe log shows that the card details are creating a new token but it's not being reflected in WHMCS

Any Suggestions?

Anyone tested the I-plugins WHMCS WordPress bridge with this stripe gateway plugin?

It embeds WHMCS in WordPress so I"m wondering if there is any issues with code that the stripe plugin changes in the cart templates.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you see under the "logs" section in your stripe dashboard? There can be many reasons which could be causing this failure including incorrect card / cvv / exp month / exp yr / card declined / etc.

I have a ticket in with Stripe and will follow up.. thanks

Some clients prefer to make manual payments for many different reasons

I agree with JulesR, I have add-on services I sell with my hosting accounts such as SEO Optimization, Website Design, Hourly Support Packs, etc. Why would I want those services to be recurring?

Am I just confused at this add-on's offering? This addon should automatically know how to charge through Stripe based on the product setup. Stripe itself does in fact allow for both one-time charges and recurring charges. I use these features all the time when I'm processing various payments manually through the Stripe Dashboard. It would be an oversight to automatically default every payment to a recurring charge, just doesn't seem right.

Maybe we are misunderstanding the features of this add-on? Like other people previously have said, I find that there is no definitive Features/Capabilities List for this add-on. If there is, please point me in the right direction, I've been digging through this thread for over an hour (ok... not that long). I'd be happy to pay for the commercial support if I could at least clearly understand what the most up-to-date capabilities of this add-on are.

I'm a little tentative about installing this add-on if it doesn't allow one-time payments. It's not about free or paid and we're not bitching, we're just trying to find some clarification.

You may have misunderstood what Jules was referring to, this module does support one time as well as recurring payments through WHMCS automation system depending on how you have the product and WHMCS setup. What Jules was referring to was the fact that the credit card token is stored in the users account for future payments automatically, so if an addon is set to recur monthly and they have a credit card on file it will be charged automatically. If the customer doesn't want their invoices paid automatically they would need to delete the credit card manually since WHMCS doesn't give access to the disable auto charge feature on the client end.

Joe's said it, but I'll say it another way seeing as the confusion seems to affect several people.

In terms of recurring billing, this module (and Stripe themselves, when using this module) does not actually do any recurring billing of its own. A regular card payment module in WHMCS stores the user's card number, allowing WHMCS itself to do recurring billing if it's set up to do so. This Stripe module does just the same - except it secures the Stripe token itself, leaving all card storage in the hands of Stripe.

To the end user, this Stripe module is no different from any other WHMCS set up that allows you to have a card on file. Whether that card is used to renew services automatically is entirely a matter for whether the WHMCS site owner asks WHMCS to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't this support already existing customers in WHMCS? On all existing (at least the ones we tested with), we get the following error in the log when trying to pay for the service: No such customer: cus_xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It works perfectly with all new accounts.

Does someone know a work-around? We contacted Stripe, but they can't give support on this module.

Nevermind, seems like it's working now. Weird.

Edited by DennisMidjord

• 1 month later...

This Stripe addon works well for the first few new customers I tried on the system.

However, I use multiple gateways currently for our business. I want to eventually switch over to Stripe for the majority, if not all customers. But for now, I need to keep the other payment gateways.

When the customer now tries to update their Stripe credit card information, they are still forwarded to another gateway's credit card update page. Is the add-on supposed to send the customer to Stripe credit card update page instead?

Has anyone upgraded WHMCS to 5.3.1.1 ? What did you do to get this Module to work again?

I have upgraded to 5.3.11, yes (not 5.3.1.1). The module continued to work fine. To the best of my knowledge, there are no changes in this upgrade that would require a change in this module (I read the changelogs to check that before upgrading). However, if in the course of the upgrade, you overwrote (or lost entirely) any of the files that this module replaces / adds to a WHMCS installation, you would obviously have to put the module versions back again.

• 1 month later...
This Stripe addon works well for the first few new customers I tried on the system.

However, I use multiple gateways currently for our business. I want to eventually switch over to Stripe for the majority, if not all customers. But for now, I need to keep the other payment gateways.

When the customer now tries to update their Stripe credit card information, they are still forwarded to another gateway's credit card update page. Is the add-on supposed to send the customer to Stripe credit card update page instead?

Hello, did you ever get an answer to your question of "Is the add-on supposed to send the customer to Stripe credit card update page instead?" If so could you please share.

Regards.

Anyone tested the I-plugins WHMCS WordPress bridge with this stripe gateway plugin?

It embeds WHMCS in WordPress so I"m wondering if there is any issues with code that the stripe plugin changes in the cart templates.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mysmallbizu, I am using the i-Plugins WHMCS - WordPress bridge and recently added another Stripe module for WHMCS from wstripe.ca, and yes, I have a problem when clients login via the Bridge and attempt to pay an invoice. The URLS are slightly different and the module is not reporting it. (note: if you login to WHMCS and bypass the bridge, the payment works fine, but that is not an option for many reasons).

Michael over at i-Plugins helped me trouble shot the issue (he has wonderful customer service!), and he believes he found a solution, but after 3 days now, not hearing back from wStripe.ca on this issue. I am willing to pay to make this work, as the recurring capability is what clients are asking for in this non hosting use of WHMCS, placing a card on file and have automatic recurring.

If I do not hear from wstripe.ca soon, I will be moving on, this plugin I will certainly test and if it works I will certainly support the developer with Commercial support payment.

So I am wondering have you tried any stripe module with the i-Plugins WHMCS - WordPress bridge yet.

Seem I too will have to move on from wstripe.ca, as I logged a ticket with them 2 weeks ago and took one week to acknowledge my email, and I've heard nothing back since. I've used their website ticket form, their email direct, even contacted the guy via Facebook. Nothing! Very annoyed since it's one of the more expensive Stripe WHMCS modules around.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed this module and was testing it via Stipe's API test mode, the test orders seem to be processing alright but the problem comes when I a check the balance in my Stripe's Balance Dashboard. It seems that from a $10 test product I've set, my Stripe Dashboard shows that my test customer has been charged not $10 but $6.57, after that, Stripe deducts its $0.49 processing fees and I am left with $6.08 from a $10 product. So where has that almost 40% of the price gone? My WHCMS shows that the revenue made in that sale is $9.70 (the full price minus the 30 cents processing fees), but my Stripe dashboard shows that I've received a quantity which is practically 40% less than the set retail price.

This happens no matter what price I set on the products, almost 40% of the wholesale price simply vanishes before the test funds arrive on Stipe's test mode dashboard, so I am just wondering, has this ever happened to anyone else whilst using Stripe's test mode? Is the origin of this problem in Stripe's test credit cards or the module?