Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

POTENTIAL BUG:

I just upgraded to WHMCS 6.0.1 and the related ServerPing module for Stripe.

I am testing things out and trying to associate a credit card with a WHMCS client login:

1) Login as client

2) Billing menu -> Manage Credit Card

3) Enter CC, Expiry and CVV - click Save Changes

I receive an error that I could not store the card and to try again or contact support.

I tried 3 different times - once not even filling anything in the form. 3 different Customers were created in Stripe..but no card was added to the customer account. I don't know why 3 different accounts were created in Stripe. You would think the first one would be enough, even if the card did not store successfully.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I can provide more details if necessary. I'll be doing more testing and will update if there are any further issues found.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way so that when the user pays, he can choose to store the CC or not?

I know whmcs has an option to allow customers to delete stored CCs. Does that work with this stripe module since the CC is not actually stored locally? It would obviously then have to make a stripe api call and remove it through that.

Is there a way so that when the user pays, he can choose to store the CC or not?

I know whmcs has an option to allow customers to delete stored CCs. Does that work with this stripe module since the CC is not actually stored locally? It would obviously then have to make a stripe api call and remove it through that.

When customer (or admin) deletes the stored CC from WHMCS, it will also delete the stripe token stored (and will in turn delete the Customer from Stripe as well through API call).

• 3 weeks later...
Just found something of a bug...

When you enter your CC into the creditcard.php page (haven't checked checkout page) if you happen to enter any space after the card number it does not trim it before sending and stripe returns an invalid credit card number.

regards

Sam M

Over the past 3 days (since the Stripe module was installed/integrated for us by the kind folks at ServerPing.net), we have received multiple "This card number looks invalid." errors in the Gateway Log for Stripe payments attempted. We thought it was related to spaces either between the card numbers, or at the end, but today I got the chance to speak with a client who had this issue -- the client confirmed that he did not put any spaces in the card number field. I asked for details on what type of card (and was told that it was a VISA issued by ICCU). We need to figure this out soon, because more Stripe payments seem to be failing than actually completing successfully; this client tried the same card through PayPal, and the payment went through just fine.

One of the best features of Stripe is that they process Bitcoin, this module does not seem to permit that though. Stripe states that the current API has this built in, when will you add this feature to your mod?

Please see the following for information on our Stipe Bitcoin payment gateway for WHMCS:

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?104451-Bitcoin-Stripe-Payment-Gateway

I just upgraded WHMCS from v. 6.0.2 to 6.1, and I thought I'd pass along what I figured out in the process.

First, this will only help you if you're using the six template and the modern orderform, but there is no difference between the following files in 6.0.2 and 6.1, so you can just delete them from 6.1 when you upload the files so they won't be overwritten and you won't have to reinstall the Stripe module, and the upgrade will work fine:

/templates/six/clientareacreditcard.tpl

/templates/six/creditcard.tpl

/templates/orderforms/modern/viewcart.tpl

So far, everything seems to be working okay.

A new version of ServerPing.net's Stripe WHMCS Gateway Module is now available which includes support for the new order forms in WHMCS 6.1. You do not need to upgrade unless you would like to use one of the new order forms. To upgrade, please follow the installation instructions in the README file.

We have also just released a new module which adds support for Stripe.JS to the Admin area credit card form. This allows you to securely update customer credit card information from the WHMCS admin area. This module is available for free to anyone with an active support plan and may be downloaded from our client area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest version still works with 6.2.x they didn't make any changes to the templates that would impact our custom templates. We will add support for the two new orderforms soon.

When you upgrade, all you need to do is remove the following files from the distribution before upgrading:

admin/clientsccdetails.php, templates/six/creditcard.tpl, templates/six/clientareacreditcard.tpl and the viewcart.tpl or checkout.tpl of the orderform you use.

• 5 weeks later...

I have implemented this Stripe module with WHMCS 6.2.

As soon as I hit the "Complete Order", I get a field warning to enter an Email address. So it seems that it is not recognizing the Account email.

Anyone else run into this issue?

I'm using Six template and pure comparison cart.

just a thought, but the "Pure Comparison" template uses "standard_cart" for most of its files, so perhaps viewcart.tpl and checkout.tpl need to be replaced in "standard_cart" ?

I mention it just in case you've uploaded them to the Pure Comparison folder by mistake.

• 1 month later...

If a client already has a card in the system and they need to change information on the card or add a new card the payment fails. Has anyone else had this happen? It is really frustrating. If it is an address change I can go into skype and manually change it but I haven't been able to find a fix if it is a new card.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
If a client already has a card in the system and they need to change information on the card or add a new card the payment fails. Has anyone else had this happen? It is really frustrating. If it is an address change I can go into skype and manually change it but I haven't been able to find a fix if it is a new card.

Thanks!

What does the gateway log have to say?

• 2 weeks later...

The Stripe module works fine with 6.3, as always be sure and not overwrite the custom template file provided by our module (creditcard.tpl,clientareacreditcard.tpl, and the checkout.tpl or viewcart.tpl of the order for you use.)

I've updated the marketplace page now to reflect this.