Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

I've just installed this module and was testing it via Stipe's API test mode, the test orders seem to be processing alright but the problem comes when I a check the balance in my Stripe's Balance Dashboard. It seems that from a $10 test product I've set, my Stripe Dashboard shows that my test customer has been charged not $10 but $6.57, after that, Stripe deducts its $0.49 processing fees and I am left with $6.08 from a $10 product. So where has that almost 40% of the price gone? My WHCMS shows that the revenue made in that sale is $9.70 (the full price minus the 30 cents processing fees), but my Stripe dashboard shows that I've received a quantity which is practically 40% less than the set retail price.

This happens no matter what price I set on the products, almost 40% of the wholesale price simply vanishes before the test funds arrive on Stipe's test mode dashboard, so I am just wondering, has this ever happened to anyone else whilst using Stripe's test mode? Is the origin of this problem in Stripe's test credit cards or the module?

Sounds like some currency conversion going on there. $10 converted to GBP, for example, would be around that amount (£6.08) depending on the exchange rate at the time. Stripe by default will convert all "foreign" currencies to your base currency automatically.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let me know if this is compatible with latest WHMCS version 5.3.12

Also please let me know how is this Compatible with Future Updates on WHMCS as I saw it overwrites the WHMCS Order Template files. .

What will happen if we upgrade the WHMCS

I just upgraded from 5.3.11 to 5.3.12 and the Stripe module is still working fine as far as I can tell. Charges are going through successfully.

When an upgrade patch comes out for 5.3.x, I download the patch and see if these files have been changed:

/templates/default/clientareacreditcard.tpl

/templates/default/creditcard.tpl

/templates/orderforms/modern/viewcart.tpl

If not, the upgrade patch shouldn't interfere with the Stripe module, as those are the files it depends on.

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like some currency conversion going on there. $10 converted to GBP, for example, would be around that amount (£6.08) depending on the exchange rate at the time. Stripe by default will convert all "foreign" currencies to your base currency automatically.

You guessed it, my base currency in Stripe is the GBP but I also allow my customers to pay in USD and EUR. I actually had the currency converter turned on within the module, so the quantities were being converted before they were sent to Stripe while the currency remained the same. So actually, the test credit card was being charged $6 instead of $10 or £6, only the quantity was being altered, not the currency. Luckily the guys at serverping.net helped me resolve this issue.

But I really don't see what the point is to having this "conversion" feature if it really doesn't work, I mean, this feature does not convert the currency within the Module in WHMCS before it reaches Stripe, only the number quantity is altered which results in the customer being charged in the same currency but being charged an amount that differs from that stated in the invoice. A feature that can only lead to loss of revenue if the the currency in which you charge in is weaker than the currency you wish to convert to, or to customer complaints and chargebacks if the currency you are charging in is stronger than the currency the module is making the "conversion" to.

Has anyone encountered an issue whereby it rejects a card because the CVC number isn't being passed through? A few clients have stated it won't let them make a payment and the logs show an error saying

error:

type: "card_error"

param: "cvc"

code: "invalid_cvc"

I tried entering a client in test mode and the same error shows in the logs although in test mode it came back as a successful payment

In your Stripe dashboard, if you click your company name in the upper right and choose Account Settings, there are two decline options at the bottom of the window for declining charges that fail CVC or zip code checks. Do you have either enabled?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone out there with some insight here would be much appreciated - and thanks in advance! :)

I have a reseller, located in Italy. They signed up a new customer of theirs who lives in and has a billing address in Australia. The reseller (IT) signed up the customer (AU) and put in the customers AU address and billing information, including their credit card number, then attempted to process the transaction from their IT IP address. The transaction failed and was flagged as "fraud" as you probably suspected - which is what it should do.

The reseller contacted me and informed me of what happened, I then (as admin/root) attempted to set the invoice and its status of products back to pending and unpaid. I attempted to enter the card number and save it and it failed with an error. I checked the billing transaction log and saw that it failed. I tried a few times, in the event that it was entered incorrectly, confirmed with the reseller, and it was the correct number, at least thats what they have on record.

So, here I am. I see Stripe actually referenced it, added the card, then once the transaction was attempted, based on geo-location, the transaction failed because of IP location. So I am assuming that at this point, it is within the WHMCS software that this is happening and preventing me from saving the card number (???), along with failing to process the transaction. I can PROBABLY manually make this transaction by taking the card via Stripe directly, however, I really need this to be tied in automatically to the customers account - as it should be. Is Stripe causing this? Or is WHMCS? How can I fix this to be able to successfully ADD the card without problems?

The first two references in Stripe appeared to have added the card (apparently before the transaction was attempted(?) and the last few, are all declined to add the card.

That said, is there anything in the database that can be flushed/changed or something that will allow this? Maxmind gave the reseller an error, like I said, so it has to be something that can be deleted or something that will allow me to add this customers VALID card number for future transactions. Any info to help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Matt

Maxmind doesn't interfere with Stripe transactions--it simply calculates the potential for fraud and then *prevents* the system from completing and charging the order, so if the order was tagged as fraud, there was probably no transaction attempt at that time.

If you have since input the correct card information, and are attempting to capture the funds from the invoice view in the WHMCS admin, Maxmind has nothing to do with that process. If you are getting declined--either the card info is bad, the card issuer has decided to not process transactions from you for whatever security reason, or you have one of the Decline options in the Stripe settings enabled and it's failing that. Or the card has insufficient remaining balance for the charge. Those are about the only reasons you should have problems making a charge--and there isn't anything in the database to be flushed or changed that will fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got the stripe module and it works great however I had an issue where my other payment gateways were not showing up. Since I was just testing this I ended up having to restore from backup as the problem was not fixed when deactivating the module and reversing the changes in the files. Perhaps I had missed something but this seemed like a very weird error to me.

Has anyone had an issue where the other payment gateways like paypal no longer shows up under payment methods? I was using web20cart for this. Any ideas/solutions? Thanks.

UPDATE

Nevermind... remember to make sure your product/service group has the other gateways selected ;)

Edited by bigideaguy

I was just wondering if anyone else seems to have 1+ second pageloads with this? Everything else on the server flies (WP, Forums, etc) but WHMCS, seemingly only with in-use, takes a solid 1+ seconds to loag pages and roughly a minute to process a checkout transaction.

I'm unsure if it's Stripe related, this script related or where to go about looking. I didn't want to disable this on our working full install in case WHMCS removed all the tokens or something but on our test install without this it loads like you would expect. An xdebug profile does show that stripe.php (in the hooks directory) is calling mysql_query ~8x per pageload. The query itself doesn't seem to be slow it's just being ran multiple times.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone encountered an issue whereby it rejects a card because the CVC number isn't being passed through? A few clients have stated it won't let them make a payment and the logs show an error saying

I tried entering a client in test mode and the same error shows in the logs although in test mode it came back as a successful payment

Got the same issue here, even in live mode.

Anyone else encountered this problem ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does someone know a work-around? We contacted Stripe, but they can't give support on this module.

Nevermind, seems like it's working now. Weird.

DennisMidjord, did this just fix itself?

I get the same thing. No recurring payments. The error is "no such customer"

Invoice ID => 12317

User ID => 16

Amount => 99.00

No such customer: 16

Whether during recurring payment CRON or just manual capture in WHMCS, I get no such customer. Anyone else have this problem too?

A beta version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway Module is now available with support for WHMCS 6.x

What is new:

* The Stripe PHP API has been updated to the latest version and the module code has been updated to support the new Stripe API.

* Support for WHMCS 6.x

* Support for the five theme

* Support for the six theme

* Support for the modern and boxes order form. Additional order form support will be added when WHMCS 6.x is finalized.

* The billing contact is now sent instead of the primary contact when updating a credit card from the client area.

* A country code check option has been added which will mark payments as failed if the country code of the card doesn't match the entered country code.

Please follow the installation instructions in the README in order to upgrade to the new version. All templates and files have changed.

You may download the latest version of the gateway module from our client portal:

Client Portal

A beta version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway Module is now available with support for WHMCS 6.x

What is new:

* The Stripe PHP API has been updated to the latest version and the module code has been updated to support the new Stripe API.

* Support for WHMCS 6.x

* Support for the five theme

* Support for the six theme

* Support for the modern and boxes order form. Additional order form support will be added when WHMCS 6.x is finalized.

* The billing contact is now sent instead of the primary contact when updating a credit card from the client area.

* A country code check option has been added which will mark payments as failed if the country code of the card doesn't match the entered country code.

Please follow the installation instructions in the README in order to upgrade to the new version. All templates and files have changed.

You may download the latest version of the gateway module from our client portal:

Client Portal

Awesome! Is this backwards compatible with WHMCS 5.x?

I see this error has been mentioned a couple of times above, but no solutions posted so far?

Installed the stripe-gateway (v2.15) according to instructions on WHMCS (5.3.13)

In live mode, I get this error every time I or a client tries to submit a payment;

error:message: "You must provide a value for 'cvc'."

type: "card_error"

param: "cvc"

code: "invalid_cvc"

None of the options in the admin settings are checked (Decline charges that fail CVS verification and Decline changes that fail postal code verification)

Edit: This is on stock web20cart and the default theme with all relevant files replaced by the files in the downloaded zip-file from serverping.

Edited by thernes

This is on stock web20cart

I take it you are using the viewcart.tpl file from the web20cart folder in the Stripe module?

My next debugging step would be to replace the necessary files in another orderform, and then try using that one instead.

If that doesn't work, I'd unzipping a fresh copy of stripewhmcs215.zip, and following the instructions from the top again.

But my bigger recommendation would be to open a support ticket at serverping and ask them to help. Assuming you've paid the small fee for support (which is worth doing to support the module, if for no other reason), you'll find Joe is extremely helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question that may seem odd:

I've gotten spoiled by Xero's feature, now that I have stripe linked to Xero, if I send an invoice in Xero there is a link to pay online on the invoice email and pdf, and it uses stripe and marks the invoice paid in Xero.

We still have lots of clients that pay by check or call us when to charge the credit card. They don't want to do auto charge, but they don't mind using CC. Is it possible to have whmcs generate a 'pay online' link on the invoice that would use stripe for the customers to pay when they get the invoice in email, just like it works with Xero?

Thanks.

bh

The first thing to say is that what I just said, and what I'm about to say, is not specific to the Stripe module. ServerPing's Stripe module simply allows Stripe to be used as the back-end payment processor for card payments in WHMCS. It does so fully within the spirit of Stripe - specifically with no data touching the server that hosts the WHMCS installation, and all card data going directly between the client and Stripe's servers. So I'm simply discussing how WHMCS handles card payments.

So they'll click on the link, the stripe box comes up and they can enter payment details and it will mark it paid in whmcs?

Not quite. If they click on the link, they'll be taken to a copy of their invoice, with a "Pay Now" button. When they use that, they have the option to use a pre-stored card, or to enter new card details. The payment is then processed.

What the "Disable CC Processing" option does is prevent card payments being taken automatically as the due date approaches. It ensures that, as you had previously with Xero, they'd have to pay manually (so, no auto-charge).