Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a local storage option and the ability for customer's to pay through viewcart, any idea when/if this will be available? How much would you charge to add this?

We have a new version in development that works on the checkout screen, however, it is not quite ready to be released yet and I can't give a firm ETA at this time.

As far as the local storage option, that is not something we plan on supporting since it is not a good idea to store users credit card information on your own server. It is much better to have Stripe do this for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, quick question. I am using your stripe addon without the stripe.js... Anyways, I had a question about the checkout process. When the user is on the last page on the Payment method, when they choose the stripe option, it doesnt give any fields to put in the credit card info, if they choose stripe as their method, and complete order, it takes them to the pay now invoice, then when they click credit card from the drop down, and click pay again, it goes back to the page where they enter in the credit card info. When I had authorize.net, when you chose authorize.net the first time in payment method, it would then give you credit card fields instantly. I feel like this addon adds way to many step to putting in the credit card info. Is there way way we can change this? Thanks

A new version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway module is now available, it contains some major changes so we are releasing this as Beta and only for our customers that have purchased the commercial support addon.

What's New?

-Better error logging is now in place, more complete error messages can be found when viewing the gateway log.

-Major changers were made to allow customers to enter credit card details directly on the checkout screen instead of being redirected to the credit card page. Stripe.js is still used to security process the credit card transaction.

If you have purchased our commercial support option, you may download the latest version from our client portal at https://www.serverping.net/clients.

After logging in click on Services->My Services, then View Details next to Stripe WHMCS Payment Gateway, and then click the Downloads tab and click the Stripe WHMCS Payment Gateway 2.0 Beta download link.

--

Joe Clarke

ServerPing.net

Let me know if you ever decide to re-implement the ability to store credit cards locally. Yeah it's less secure but that is our liability, not yours - therefore we should be able to make our own decision on how we want to store the credit card data. By all means put a big red box around it saying "ServerPing.net is not liable if your WHMCS gets hacked" around it, but again that should be our decision.

Why is this so important? At some point, somebody may wish to switch from stripe at some point in the future, or what happens if they go out of business? There is no way to import that credit card data back into your WHMCS. In order to switch to a different gateway you would have to have all of your customers re-login and re-enter in their credit card information, which is going to cause a huge loss in payment collection from recurring invoices.

Too many people here are willing to trust a third-party company with storing all of their customers credit card information, without any ability to view it once it is inside their system. I find the risks associated with that, higher than storing the credit card data in a whmcs install, on a server that I know personally is secure.

Hi Neobug103,

Our module is optimized for use with Stripe.JS with remote credit card storage. Feel free to email us at support@serverping.net and we can give you a quote on a custom version that stores credit card information locally.

Stripe does offer a export service should you ever decided to stop using Stripe. They don't give much detail about the format of the data so I can't speak to how complicated it would be to export it to another provider.

https://stripe.com/us/help/faq

A new version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway module is now available, it contains some major changes so we are releasing this as Beta and only for our customers that have purchased the commercial support addon.

What's New?

-Better error logging is now in place, more complete error messages can be found when viewing the gateway log.

-Major changers were made to allow customers to enter credit card details directly on the checkout screen instead of being redirected to the credit card page. Stripe.js is still used to security process the credit card transaction.

If you have purchased our commercial support option, you may download the latest version from our client portal at https://www.serverping.net/clients.

After logging in click on Services->My Services, then View Details next to Stripe WHMCS Payment Gateway, and then click the Downloads tab and click the Stripe WHMCS Payment Gateway 2.0 Beta download link.

--

Joe Clarke

ServerPing.net

Can I confirm that this is a Beta version which should not be used in a production environment?

Can I confirm that this is a Beta version which should not be used in a production environment?

I would recommend testing this first on a dev instance of WHMCS to make sure it works properly with customizations you have done to your order forms. If it works properly with your theme/customizations then it is safe to use in a production environment.

When this is not a "beta" anymore and is fully released, will everyone be able to download it, or will you still charge for it? Thanks

What's New?

--

Joe Clarke

ServerPing.net

When this is not a "beta" anymore and is fully released, will everyone be able to download it, or will you still charge for it? Thanks

This hasn't been decided yet, this release took a significate amount of development in order to use the checkout page with Stripe.js so we are only releasing this to our paying customers for now.

This hasn't been decided yet, this release took a significate amount of development in order to use the checkout page with Stripe.js so we are only releasing this to our paying customers for now.

I have been using authnet for 10 years now, and their addons/gateways have always been free. It was a big leap to go with stripe and this is only the first week since I have switched over and so far so good.

I just hope the final release will come soon and be available for free. Thank you for your contribution

ther is bug in the module that need to be fixed

in the stripe logs the cvc_check and address_city are both null in POST /v1/charges log.

this is security bug!

Hello,

This is some type of issue with your setup/configuration. Our module does send the cvv and the address. If you have our support plan please fell free to email us at support@serverping.net so we can look into this further for you. Also, this isn't a security issue, stripe doesn't require an address or a CVV verification to process a charge, this may lead to fraudulent orders if you aren't using a service like maxmind but has nothing to do with security.

A new version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway module is now available for everyone to download. Please see the README contained within the download for install/upgrade instructions.

What's New?

-Major changers were made to allow customers to enter credit card details directly on the checkout screen while still using stripe.js instead of being redirected to the credit card page.

-More complete error messages can be found when viewing the gateway log.

-A bug was fixed that prevented clients from updating their credit card information from the client area if some of their data contained quotes.

You may download the latest version from our client portal at https://www.serverping.net/clients.

After logging in click on Services->My Services, then View Details next to Stripe WHMCS Payment Gateway, and then click the Downloads tab.

If you haven't previously downloaded the module you can order the free module at: https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=20

If you have any questions, need installation assistance or would just like to say thanks, we offer commerical support for just $15/year. Please do not contact us regarding this module unless you have purchased the support plan.

To purchase commercial support, login to our client area using the following link:

https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?gid=addons

Edited by jclarke

Thanks Joe. I tried version 2, and it worked very well for Stripe-processed sign-ups. However for anyone signing up, but using a payment provider (such as PayPal) that transfers the client to a third-party site for payment, a problem crept in with the new viewcart.tpl. (I was using ajaxcart, in case that's relevant). With version 2, when the client clicks the "Complete Order" button, the button text changes to "please wait", but then gets stuck there. The browser never redirects to the PayPal (or Google, or ...) page, meaning they cannot complete an order.

I've reproduced this on two different servers that have different setups, so it looks like I'll stick with version 1 for the moment. Thanks, though, for a great gateway module.

Version 2.0.2 is now available for download and fixes the following issues:

-Expiration year now displays correctly with WHMCS 5.1.x

-Fixed an issue with the Ajaxcart template not redirecting properly to third party gateways (Thanks to James Oakley for reporting this)

If you are upgrading from 2.0 or 2.0.1 you only need to replace the stripe.php in includes/hooks.

I'm having some issues at the moment, I think it may be a bug. I've installed the module as instructed and using the AjaxCart. Once the customer chooses their product and enters the domain, it redirects and just hangs there with only "Password Strength: Weak" with a grey box. It constantly loads and doesn't actually redirect. Is this a known issue with the AjaxCart or have I not configured something correctly?

I'm having some issues at the moment, I think it may be a bug. I've installed the module as instructed and using the AjaxCart. Once the customer chooses their product and enters the domain, it redirects and just hangs there with only "Password Strength: Weak" with a grey box. It constantly loads and doesn't actually redirect. Is this a known issue with the AjaxCart or have I not configured something correctly?

Hi Mike,

This isn't something I can replicate in our test instance, if you signup for our support plan we would be happy to get this sorted for you, please email us a support@serverping.net

Thanks,

Edited by jclarke

Version 2.0.3 is now available for download.

This release fixes a few issues with the gateway log, it removes a duplicate entry and handles cards that fail more gracefully.

The download is available from our client area if you are upgrading from another 2.x release you can upgrade by following the instructions below:

Upload stripe.php to modules/gateways

Upload stripe-php/stripesave.php to modules/gateways/stripe-php

Upload hooks/stripe.php to includes/hooks

Version 2.0.3 is now available for download.

This release fixes a few issues with the gateway log, it removes a duplicate entry and handles cards that fail more gracefully.

The download is available from our client area if you are upgrading from another 2.x release you can upgrade by following the instructions below:

Upload stripe.php to modules/gateways

Upload stripe-php/stripesave.php to modules/gateways/stripe-php

Upload hooks/stripe.php to includes/hooks

What about upgrade from version 1.x?