Plesk 11

tewie

Question

Hi guys,

I apologise in advance if this mentioned anywhere else, I have searched the forum and couldn't find anything else relating to this.

If I have missed it please point me in that direction and I will hang my head in shame!

From what I can see WHMCS 5.0 supports Plesk 10.4.4, is there any support for Plesk 11?

If not are the any plans to iplement this in the near future?

Many thanks,

tewie

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Support for Plesk 11 is being actively looked at by our developers, please keep an eye on our forums/blog for news as soon as a module is available for it: http://blog.whmcs.com

Due to the modular nature of our software it will be a simple case of uploading the file to your installation, there's no need for us to release an entirely new version of WHMCS just for 1 new module.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

That won't be a problem, once you've upgraded your server it's just a case of changing the module under Setup > Products/Services > Servers and Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services > Edit > Module Settings tab over to Plesk 10.

Hi,

That won't be a problem, once you've upgraded your server it's just a case of changing the module under Setup > Products/Services > Servers and Setup > Products/Services > Products/Services > Edit > Module Settings tab over to Plesk 10.

But it is a problem though, because the Plesk 8/9/10 modules produce a completely different class of account than the Pleskreseller module.

Pleskreseller makes a "domain administrator" account which is a "user" account in Plesk 11; you are saying that those existing accounts can no longer be managed by WHMCS.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

It's my understanding that Plesk 8 & 9 did not contain the concept of "resellers" per-se, so the PleskReseller module was created as a workaround. Now more recent versions of Plesk do have this concept the workaround is no longer needed.

You should be able to continue managing domain administrator accounts using the Plesk 10 module, off the top of my head I can't recall a ticket where someone has reported this isn't working.

I remember rather too well as we we have unnecessary support workload daily because of what amounts to poor integration with Plesk 11. I've had a ticket open for a couple of months about this, but it's in the WHMCS "ignore" pile and with the cPanel acquisition it doesn't look like third party panel integrations are going to get any better...

Guys I have some real problems - ever since I switched to plesk 10.x , overage processing seems to have stopped. No one is getting billed for extra use.

Furthermore, it seems most of my migrations from plesk 9 to 10 have become "custom" and thus allow the creation of more domains than their package allows! Any ideas what to do? Thanks! -t

What you Guys all not see is, that Plesk 11 have a better Encryption on passwords - so no Password match, what will setup by WHMCS or what the Client change for his own Account. All Passwords are wrong, because they will build with old Plesk Module !!

So i read any time "have a Look in our News for Plesk Update" - but there is nor more then the same Text on any Request. I dont understand, why i shouldt pay each Year, when my Money is only for paying Coders what only interested in CPanel... Sorry i dont understand it, why you Guys can not update a little Module with 10 Minutes Worktime..

I have more basic need: Ever since I "upgraded" to PLESK 10 (dumbest move ever), the overage calculations have stopped.

No one is over their quota apparently, which is impossible :(

PS: I switched providers, that's why I had to "upgrade" to PLESK 10.

God I miss PLESK 9..

Upgrade to Plesk 11 for starters... fixes a lot of the mess that was on 10.... we jumped directly from 9 to 11 to bypass the nightmare...

• WHMCS Customer Service

Hi Guys,

Support for Plesk 11 is being actively looked at by our developers, please keep an eye on our forums/blog for news as soon as a module is available for it: http://blog.whmcs.com

Due to the modular nature of our software it will be a simple case of uploading the file to your installation, there's no need for us to release an entirely new version of WHMCS just for 1 new module.

At the current time we also believe the Plesk 10 module should be forwards compatible with Plesk's latest release.

For any information regarding Plesk please browse http://docs.whmcs.com/Plesk