Instant KnowledgeBase ready to load

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong on this but I think most users of WHMCS do not allow the contact info to be changed from Cpanel because it messes up the domain info

These article should be written for WHMCS

"How to Keep Your cPanel Contact Information Up To Date"

And this one will mess up the password syn if not done through WHMCS

"How to Change Your cPanel Password"

Again I could be very wrong maybe some others can say what they do.

That KB article on "How to Keep Your cPanel Contact Information Up To Date" is for the information that CPANEL uses when it sends stuff like account warnings on storage space and email, it is just an email address that is "The contact information" and does not have any communication with WHMCS.

The KB article on "How to Change Your cPanel Password" IS done thru the customers Client area and it does infact change it thru the system and in the WHMCS admin as well.

Yes I know but when using WHMCS that information shouldn't be changed from Cpanel it should be changed from WHMCS and the article should reflect how to do it through WHMCS.

WHMCS controls the WHOIS information, and the Cpanel information, the issue is last I checked if you update it in Cpanel it doesn't go back to WHMCS which in turn throws off the login to the account from WHMCS

--------------------------------

When you say it IS done through the customers client area do you mean in WHMCS or in Cpanel?

If you mean in Cpanel then it doesn't get updated in WHMCS, WHMCS updates Cpanel.

If you mean the client area in WHMCS, that isn't what mine reflected and I had to go through them to change them.

---------------------------------

I will have to check again maybe it has changed.

The article was not referring to changing information in WHMCS it is referring to changing the email address (contact) that is in cPanel ONLY. That change is only made in cPanel and only effects cPanel information which sends warnings re: disk quota, bandwidth usage, and email accounts approaches or is over quota.

CPanel contact information re: email address does not interchange with WHMCS information.

There is an article on changing contact information in WHMCS via the Client Area.

• 4 months later...

We suggest a slight tweak when we are asked this.

Something like changing the phase "Your Hosting Company" to the "actual name of your company". We find the easiest way to brand is to export the db, make a copy so you have 2 of them one for back-up (always). The just do a search for the phrase you want to edit and make the change. Be sure to read the sentence before, including and after to make sure the tense is correct.

There are other phases you can change as well, if your "Client Area" is called something else. we used the generic WHMCS names and titles for what things were called. We provided this service as "Branding" in the past.

Something like changing the phase "Your Hosting Company" to the "actual name of your company".

Branding won't change SE penalties for duplicate content. It's the phrases and duplicate sentences that will be seen as "copied". They may be bots/spiders, but they aren't stupid. ;-)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I apologize for not having answered your question, For some reason we did not get notice of your first entry of it until you made your MIA entry. I assure you we are not MIA, in fact, we are making a set of KB Articles for Outlook 2007 and 2010 as a result of your request. Keep in mind it takes the writer a little time to write each one as they have to go thru each setup, step by step and then on to the programmer where we write in the proper SQL format to inject it into an existing version of the kb with all the unknowns there maybe. The set for Outlook 2007 will include:

Configuring a POP email account in Outlook 2010

Configuring a POP email account with SSL in Outlook 2010

Configuring custom ports in Outlook 2010

How to change your email password in Outlook 2010

How to setup your email signature in Outlook 2010

Configuring an IMAP email account in Outlook 2010

Configuring an IMAP email account with SSL in Outlook 2010

How to delete an email account in Outlook 2010

2013 should be similar

• 1 month later...