Custom Free Trials Addon

Hi guys,

I have made an alternate Free Trials addon for WHMCS. It works like the WHMCS Gold one, except that is managed and configured completely from within WHMCS admin (so no need to manually edit files). This is hopefully easier for non-coders :)

A simple readme.txt is included in the ZIP.

I there, thanks a lot for this contribution, I will use it definitely...

Just a question, will the email use the email template language version according to the user language?

Regards,

David

No, it will simply use the template specified in the addon's settings. I haven't had a need to make it multi-lingual as of yet.

I have a question you might be able to answer.

When a client wants to upgrade from this to a real package, how can I show the full config options when upgrading?

Right now it only shows the Monthly for the current config, but no config options to change.

P.S. and thanks for the update.

I have a question you might be able to answer.

When a client wants to upgrade from this to a real package, how can I show the full config options when upgrading?

Right now it only shows the Monthly for the current config, but no config options to change.

P.S. and thanks for the update.

If a client is upgrading from the free package that is set as Monthly to a paid one on a different term (say Quarterly)? I believe the option should be available to change the term when they are going through the upgrade process. The best people to ask about that are Matt and WHMCS, though.

If a client is upgrading from the free package that is set as Monthly to a paid one on a different term (say Quarterly)? I believe the option should be available to change the term when they are going through the upgrade process

It already does - has confused us a few time people moving up a package or two, but getting a refund ... its when they switch from annual to quarterly

Hi,

Yea the documentation is a bit basic right now. I am more of a coder than a writer :)

The best I can say would be to set up cron jobs for removetrial.php and remindtrial.php (in that order) and set them to run:

1 hour apart

After the daily WHMCS cron

Here are the ones I use (keep in mind i run the WHMCS cron at 12:02 am daily)

0 7 * * * php -q /<path to your whmcs/modules/admin/freetrial/removetrial.php

0 8 * * * php -q /<path to your whmcs/modules/admin/freetrial/remindtrial.php

Edited by Lawrence
fixed cron calls to the php scripts