Alternative HyperVM Module

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taken from this page: http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=102668&postcount=2

"Enhanced HyperVM module to retrieve IP during setup and store into a custom field for use in email templates and client area display"

Is it your script has now integrated into WHMCS??

Can you confirm this script works with v4?

Thanks.

No, my script is not integrated into WHMCS. It is still a separate script.

I am still migrating to v4 and will confirm if it works without a problem when I'm done.

Best regards

taken from this page: http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=102668&postcount=2

"Enhanced HyperVM module to retrieve IP during setup and store into a custom field for use in email templates and client area display"

Is it your script has now integrated into WHMCS??

Can you confirm this script works with v4?

Thanks.

Matt couldnt legally do that without ddenev's permission. I think Matt really just meant that he enhanced the hypervm module that comes with whmcs with that new feature.

What is the proper process for adding slave instances of hypevm? I tried adding one and assigning it to packages but then got the following error:

"Fatal Error. Got a non-object from the server: Slave Server"

You should not add slave HyperVM servers to WHMCS. You should only add the master HyperVM server. This is documented in the manual.

Best regards

How do we make sure that accounts are created on a particular slave? I assume it is configured on a per package basis then ?

I tried making the particular package set to use a particular slave only, but it still only creates on the master from within whmcs. Any advice?

Edited by paradoxic

How do we make sure that accounts are created on a particular slave? I assume it is configured on a per package basis then ?

Yes, for every package you have to configure on which slave server it has to be created. That's the way HyperVM works.

Best regards

Yes, for every package you have to configure on which slave server it has to be created. That's the way HyperVM works.

Best regards

Wouldn't it be more correct to say that it's the way WHMCS works and not HyperVM?

For every package in WHMCS you create, then you choose what server it should be installed on. What does that have to do with HyperVM ? It is WHMCS that function the way that you have to edit the server on each and every package, instead of doing it in a different way, for an example a global setting?

I see that this thread has been renamed from "Enhanced HyperVM Module" to "Alternative HyperVM Module" :P

Oh, I'm hoping on the next version you could add something like an option for us to choose which slave id would we want the account to be created on.

I see that this thread has been renamed from "Enhanced HyperVM Module" to "Alternative HyperVM Module" :P

Oh, I'm hoping on the next version you could add something like an option for us to choose which slave id would we want the account to be created on.

The thread was not renamed by me rather by the forum admins. I think they did this in order to avoid confusion with the default module.

Regarding the option to choose the slave on which to create the account:

• Is it OK for the customer to choose on which slave the account should be created? Honestly, I don't think it is a very good idea.
  • If only admin is allowed to choose the slave server then automatic account creation will not work.

Please share your thoughts about this.

Best regards

This feature is for admin or site owner. When creating a plan inside admin area, it could be helpful to have an option to select slave id on which will the plan be created.

This is exactly what the Server field is for. This field selects on which of your available servers (master or slaves) to create the VPS. This has been implemented and working from the very beginning.

Best regards

I would love to see some kind of "global" slave server selection, as if one server is full then you would like all the new VPS's to go on a slave server etc. Currently we set up all the VPS's on the localhost and move them to one of the slaves later on using the "Live Migrate" tool.

I would love to see some kind of "global" slave server selection, as if one server is full then you would like all the new VPS's to go on a slave server etc. Currently we set up all the VPS's on the localhost and move them to one of the slaves later on using the "Live Migrate" tool.

VPS management is part of HyperVM, not WHMCS. The module simply provides provisioning functions.

If the modules starts checking which slave is full and doing load balancing then it will become a second VPS management CP and I don't want to do this.

Better talk to HyperVM developer to provide automatic load balancing of VPSes (like VMware ESX does).

Best regards

I am not talking about anything automatic functions, but a globe section where we could select WHAT server to install it on, instead of modifying every single package when we need or want to change the server.

EDIT: I also noticed, that after the upgrade of this module OR after the upgrade to v4, then all the settings chosen under each individual package where deleted and i had to re-enter every single one of them.