Alternative HyperVM Module

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's kind of obvious that you state that it will work, then the WHMCS developers says the complete opposit!

First of all, Matt did not say the complete opposite, he said that if it's an admin-only field then it would not be included in the e-mail templates. That is absolutely correct and is not an opposite statement to what I said - that you should use {service_custom_fields.0}.

And second, what is your question? When you say it's obvious, it may be obvious to you but for me, you should ask me the the right question. I'm not that smart ;-)

Best regards

You state that it will work to include the IP's within the email address, while in reality it doesn't work at all?

In reality it works just fine. The list of IPs is an ordinary custom field. Please read the WHMCS manual on how to include a custom field in an e-mail template.

Best regards

The list of IP fields is an admin only field, wich your very own tutorial spesifics very clearly that it's suppose to be...

Talking yourself out of this by blaming it on WHMCS and clever-talk is not actually working for you.

The list of IP fields is an admin only field, wich your very own tutorial spesifics very clearly that it's suppose to be...

Talking yourself out of this by blaming it on WHMCS and clever-talk is not actually working for you.

You should read VERY carefully the manual - the ipaddresses field was never said nor displayed as admin only field in the documentation. Here's the quote:

9. Add the ipaddresses custom field

a. Set Field Name to ipaddresses|IP Addresses

b. Set Field Type to Text Area

Where do you see a statement that it should be an admin only field?

I'm not blaming anyone - I just said that e-mail templates are out of the scope of my module. Actually it is you who is false-blaming me.

If you have any particular problem with my module then please explain the problem and ask the right question and I will try to help. Do not try to insult me or to be rude (as you were before in your mails), let's stay on the friendly note.

Best regards

Hi guys,

I need your opinions on a feature.

In version 1.2 of the module I introduced a feature that allowed the VPS parameters (memory, disk space, etc.) to be automatically changed during the VPS creation process. This was made with the idea to give you the possibility to fully automate the VPS creation process. This feature was implemented by calling the Change Package command inside the Create command immediately after the VPS Create API call finishes.

The problem is that the VPS creation process itself is running in the background and when I call the Change Package command the VPS is still being created. This some times leads to setting incorrect values for the VPS parameters (memory, disk space, etc.).

In order to solve this the Change Package command must be run after the VPS creation process has finished. There are 2 approaches:

1. To check every 5 or 10 seconds inside the Create command whether the VPS has been created, and when it has been created then call the Change Package command. The big problem with this approach is with timeouts, whether webserver or php. The VPS creation process can take up to 2 minutes and the default timeout for PHP script is 30 seconds.
  2. To remove the automatic call of Change Package from the Create command (the pre 1.2 way). This would mean that you would have to issue the Change Package manually after you make sure that the VPS has been properly created.

Since it is important for me that the module is usable for you, I ask you to give your opinions on how would you like it to be. If you have any other approaches, please share.

Thank you.

Best regards

Hi,

I would like to test this before paying. I have emailed you but with no luck.

Can you email me or PM me?

Email me at mike @ resellerways.com

Thank you.

I am sorry but our spamfilter has rejected your emails. The reason being that your mail server IP address is missing an RDNS record. Here's the log entry for your information:

Mar 4 07:22:50 dgm002 spamdyke[30064]: DENIED_RDNS_MISSING from: admin @ resellerways.com to: dragomir.denev @ dgm.bg origin_ip: xxx.xxx.144.79 origin_rdns: (unknown) auth: (unknown)
Now, to the point - send me a PM with the domain name of your WHMCS installation and I'll send you a trial license.

Sorry again for the delay.

Best regards

In version 1.2 of the module I introduced a feature that allowed the VPS parameters (memory, disk space, etc.) to be automatically changed during the VPS creation process. This was made with the idea to give you the possibility to fully automate the VPS creation process. This feature was implemented by calling the Change Package command inside the Create command immediately after the VPS Create API call finishes.
Its like upgrading the default specifications, but still automate the VPS provisioning?

HI,

It don't send out the right info in welcome emails How are you sending welcome emails?

Thanks.

Actually the module does not have anything to do with sending the e-mails. There are just several configurable options and custom fields which are a generic WHMCS feature and putting them in the e-mail templates is well documented in the WHMCS manual.

To help you, here is what I'm using in my e-mail template:

• {$service_custom_fields.0} for the list of IP addresses
  • {$service_config_options.0.value} for the name of the ostemplate
  • the other variables are the standard ones

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I need your opinions on a feature.

The problem is that the VPS creation process itself is running in the background and when I call the Change Package command the VPS is still being created. This some times leads to setting incorrect values for the VPS parameters (memory, disk space, etc.).

In order to solve this the Change Package command must be run after the VPS creation process has finished. There are 2 approaches:

1. To check every 5 or 10 seconds inside the Create command whether the VPS has been created, and when it has been created then call the Change Package command. The big problem with this approach is with timeouts, whether webserver or php. The VPS creation process can take up to 2 minutes and the default timeout for PHP script is 30 seconds.
  2. To remove the automatic call of Change Package from the Create command (the pre 1.2 way). This would mean that you would have to issue the Change Package manually after you make sure that the VPS has been properly created.

Since it is important for me that the module is usable for you, I ask you to give your opinions on how would you like it to be. If you have any other approaches, please share.

Thank you.

Best regards

Can you use some sort of ajax or soap integration to keep checking until is goes through? Just a thought

I'm getting this when I run the cron manually. not receiving any cron email.

-bash-3.2# php -q /home/admin/clients/admin/cron.php

Fatal Error. Got a non-object from the server:

As i'm currently using your free trial I hope to see this resolved before I purchase.

This can happen if either the module or HyperVM has not been setup properly. Make sure that the product you setup is of type Other and not VPS/Dedicated. Also double-check your WHMCS configuration for the connection to the HyperVM (Configuration->Servers) - make sure that you put the IP of the HyperVM master server and not a slave server.

Best regards

I forgot to update some packages to 'Other' and have changed them now, but it is still throwing the error. I think the info is entered correctly because it can create the accounts inside HyperVM fine.

Could you please make it show a warning rather than break the process?

Perhaps some technical information as an error because our client system is large with hundreds of VPS, it is impossible to tell the problem.

Thanks!

I forgot to update some packages to 'Other' and have changed them now, but it is still throwing the error. I think the info is entered correctly because it can create the accounts inside HyperVM fine.

Could you please make it show a warning rather than break the process?

Perhaps some technical information as an error because our client system is large with hundreds of VPS, it is impossible to tell the problem.

Thanks!

Hi,

Could you please send me the info to access your WHMCS and HyperVM installations? I would need to login to check for the problem you have.

It should be something with the setup since the module is working fine on more than 20 installations, so I would have to check your setup.

Best regards

I am not able to modify any product that uses your module, it just loads and loads and loads and loads until it stops, any other product that is not using your spesific module is loading just fine!

The login details etc for HyperVM is 100% correct and is checked and double checked.

I am not able to modify any product that uses your module, it just loads and loads and loads and loads until it stops, any other product that is not using your spesific module is loading just fine!

The login details etc for HyperVM is 100% correct and is checked and double checked.

That means there is a problem with the connection between your WHMCS and your HyperVM master. Please make sure all ports are open.

You use the module for more than a month now. Why it stopped working today? Did you change anything in your setup?

Best regards