Alternative HyperVM Module

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed an issue. We changed the password to our admin login to our HyperVM, and changed it in WHMCS > Servers > HyperVM

This caused the module to stop working and was unable to access the server and provision the VPS's. In the HyperVM config file I saw no admin password that would be needed to be changed. How can we fix this so we can change the admin password and still be able to use this module?

I noticed an issue. We changed the password to our admin login to our HyperVM, and changed it in WHMCS > Servers > HyperVM

This caused the module to stop working and was unable to access the server and provision the VPS's. In the HyperVM config file I saw no admin password that would be needed to be changed. How can we fix this so we can change the admin password and still be able to use this module?

Are you sure you're changing both passwords the right way and that they are the same? If you change your HyperVM admin password you should only put it into WHMCS > Servers > HyperVM and it will work right away. This has been tested many times and never was a problem.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the 4.1.1 version of WHMCS and the module works fine here.

For those of you who have trouble getting the data from the HyperVM master server in the Module Settings tab, please go to Servers and make the configured server to be default by clicking on its name. I suspect that if you haven't done this the module is unable to determine which server to use to connect to.

4.1.1 replaced the Default Install Server field in Module Settings with the new Server Group field. That is why if you haven't set a server to be the default, the module cannot determine which one to work with.

A note regarding server groups and HyperVM: you will not be able to use the new server groups functionality with HyperVM since the HyperVM servers that you setup in WHMCS have to be HyperVM Master servers (the HyperVM API works only with the master) and a HyperVM cluster has only one master. Of course if you have several HyperVM master servers then you could add them into a group but this is another story. In short, if you want to spread the VPSes automatically (round-robin, least loaded, etc.) over your slave servers you will have to rely either on this functionality to appear in HyperVM.

Best regards

For those of you who have trouble getting the data from the HyperVM master server in the Module Settings tab, please go to Servers and make the configured server to be default by clicking on its name. I suspect that if you haven't done this the module is unable to determine which server to use to connect to.

Perfect! That did the trick for me :) hehe

Thanks !

We just upgraded to the latest release of WHMCS, there appears to be an issue with the module.

Products/Service > Product > Module Settings

These options are not showing anymore

Resource Plan = "Please Select" (Have nothing else to select)

Server = "Please Select" (Have nothing else to select)

And we have the "Get From Server" selected, but nothing is happening??

We just upgraded to the latest release of WHMCS, there appears to be an issue with the module.

Products/Service > Product > Module Settings

These options are not showing anymore

Resource Plan = "Please Select" (Have nothing else to select)

Server = "Please Select" (Have nothing else to select)

And we have the "Get From Server" selected, but nothing is happening??

Please read the previous post. It's explained there.

Best regards

Hmm, any idea where to do this? I searched around, but could not find this feature.

Please use the HyperVM forum to ask HyperVM-related questions. I would not like to abuse this forum by answering questions that are not WHMCS-related.

Best regards

ddenev, I am using this module with whmcs v4.

Everything works just fine.

But, if I want to upgrade to WHMCS v4.1.1, will this module still works?

What the precaution I have to take into account when upgrading WHMCS?

Yes, the module works with 4.1.1. Please have a look at this post - http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=125184&postcount=214 - if you have problems with getting the data from the HyperVM server.

Best regards