Alternative HyperVM Module

Of course it doesnt. Why in the world would you think that it might?

Because in business sense it is good to provide wide coverage. :) and besides, it just want to know. Better ask than assuming since assume is mother of all ****ed up. :P (my boss once said this to me)

No, the HypervmX module is only for HyperVM.

Ah, ok. Meaning if I want to switch to solusvm I will need to find a replacement for this plugin then.

Is there any plan to support soluvm by releasing another version?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Version 1.6 (30.10.2010)

• Fix: When the VPS was configured for automatic creation during ordering and the customer has selected some non-default configurable options (memory, disk, traffic, etc.) during ordering, the non-default option values were not applied to the newly created VPS.
  • Fix: When calling the HyperVM API, the passed URL parameters for username and password were not URL-encoded. This sometimes led to the inability to connect to HyperVM when you have changed your HyperVM admin password and the password contained some non-URL-friendly characters.
  • New: If the module timeouts waiting for the VPS creation process to finish then the text [timeouted] will be appended to the Admin Notes field.
  • New: Added new language string ($_LANG["hypervmx_logintocontrolpanel"]) that is used for the “login to control panel” button in the client area.

• 3 weeks later...

I think a great feature would be that it automatically took out invalid characters like "-~!@#$%^&*()_+/" that keep the VPS from being provisioned automatically. The main character that causes delay is the "-" character, as a lot of people use that in their VPS names and it halts the process. We have to manually remove the - to let the VPS provision.

• 2 months later...
Currently I don't intend to charge additionally for upgrades.

It turned out that there are some limitations in WHMCS that prohibited this in the current version of the module (there is no way to populate the Username field automatically during the ordering process). I'm working on the new version which will be able to automatically provision the VPS after the order. This will need an additional custom field to show on the ordering pages.

Yes, when you setup the module (in the Module Settings screeen of the product) you can select on which server you want the VPS to be created, You can enable the list to be automatically fetched from the HyperVM server by checking the 'Get from Server' checkbox. It's all described in the documentation.

Best regards

Choosing a server to deploy the vps to is currently in the built in module of WHMCS, but from my experience it will not deploy to a hypervm-slave.

Does HypervmX provision to hypervm-slaves?

Well, I honestly don't know why the default module does not deploy your VPSs to a slave because I have tested it and it does this without a problem. My module also does this - in fact this is the purpose of both modules - to utilize the available HyperVM API in order to be able to deploy VPSs to both the master and slaves. The difference is only that my module has some more features than the default but they should work both in terms of deployment of VPSs to a HyperVM installation.

Best regards

We had the trial version setup a few weeks ago and really liked it and also had no problems. We upgraded to 1.6 and bought and installed our new license, and followed the instructions from the pdf.

We setup the product, both in hypervm and whmcs, then when we save the product it goes to what we call the "White Screen Of Death"

at the bottom of which is -- "Fatal Error. Got a non-object from the server:"

As with everything in WHMCS it's encoded so we can't troubleshoot on our end. From the previous posts it seems that for some this may be a firewall issue.

From our whmcs server

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state -m tcp --dport 8887 --state NEW -j ACCEPT

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state -m tcp --dport 8888 --state NEW -j ACCEPT

From our hypervm master

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state -m tcp --dport 8887 --state NEW -j ACCEPT

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -m state -m tcp --dport 8888 --state NEW -j ACCEPT

We did have these originally set to limit to ipaddress logins, but I released that for this issue. We've even turned the iptables off on both servers. The hypervm logins from the whmcs control panel (servers) works just fine. We have tried setting the product and the hypervm plan up several different ways, all with the same result.

httpd access logs, system logs, etc, do not show any error on either server.

This error means that there is a problem with the communication between the WHMCS server and the HyperVM server. In 90% of the cases the reason is misconfigured firewalls. Please try to shut down ALL firewalls between those servers and check again.

Another two reasons could be:

• if you have configured WHMCS to connect to a HyperVM slave instead of to the master - the slaves do not provide API
  • if you have setup the product to be of type "Dedicated/VPS" instead of "Other".

These are the only reasons that I have met that lead to this error. Please check them and try again. I would recommend reading the manual carefully in order to eliminate any misconfigurations.

Best regards

we've found no decent way to debug the code, we have disabeled selinux, firewalls, checked port operations, as best we can tell from the hypervm logs is no connection is being made, and we cannot see the call being made in any of the client logs.

The very second we hit to save the changes it brings the error, and its not allowing php to run. The error page has no css, so maybe its erroring out before being loaded? Permissions and users look good in the folder. We will try to set it up again, from scratch, and I've got a couple of pretty good admins on it, but if you have a better way to help us, please let us know. When we do find the problem, we will definitly post the results.

• 3 weeks later...
Please check if you have configured both the IP address and the hostname fields in Setup->Servers in WHMCS for your HyperVM server. They are both needed.

Edit: I have updated the manual

Best regards

looks like some simple review cured the issue. It seems that when setting up the servers and using the login from whmcs, it resolves by domain name. That is what threw us because we had the wrong ip, which is what the module resolves to.

Thanks a lot D.D. Sometimes you just have to have gas in the tank when the car won't start.:oops:

Works great and thanks for your help.