Alternative HyperVM Module

So the upgrade / Downgrade part is not automated?

This is a question that you'll have to ask Matt (or search in the forum). I don't think that WHMCS provides a way to automatically upgrade/downgrade packages upon order completion (or invoice payment). But I am not 100% sure about that, so better ask the WHMCS guys. If WHMCS automatically calls the module_ChangePackage() method of server modules then it would work, otherwise not.

Best regards

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i use this module, the more i understand, and i must say that so far it's just being perfect :D

Regarding the configurable options, is it possible to get something for the IPs ? So if they order more IP's then it can be added to the order...

Hello,

If you set the server to do "Set domain to VPSName" do you then need the vpsname custom field for the automated order to process?

You always need the vpsname field for the automatic creation to work. The Set Domain to VPS Name setting is only for visual convenience. If you have set the Show Domain Options on the Details tab then you should switch the Set Domain to VPS Name off so that the module does not overwrite the field.

Best regards

The more i use this module, the more i understand, and i must say that so far it's just being perfect :D

Thank you for appreciating my work :-)

Regarding the configurable options, is it possible to get something for the IPs ? So if they order more IP's then it can be added to the order...

I have to think about this very carefully since there are some concerns regarding this function. I have it in my list of features but without carefully planning I'm not going to introduce it. I do not want to expose every possible HyperVM function through my module.

Best regards

Something I forgot to mention, you can even now add a configurable option for additional IP addresses and it will be shown on the ordering pages just fine. This is something that WHMCS already has and does it perfectly. The only thing is that presently the module will not take into account this option but you can still offer this to your customers.

Best regards

Do you know how you setup this order form? The values of the configurable option?

You should check this with the WHMCS manual. I wouldn't like to describe something that has been very well described already. Or you could better ask in the forum since this would be off the current topic. I could answer you there.

Best regards

I noticed a little thing, it's not possible to select what OS template that is going to be setup inside the configuration like on the original WHMCS way...

Will the OS Chooser from what WHMCS created be working and useable in this version?

And, how can i make it so the IP's that is pulled from HyperVM is included in the email sent by WHMCS ?

Thanks,

I noticed a little thing, it's not possible to select what OS template that is going to be setup inside the configuration like on the original WHMCS way...

Yes, that is correct. I did it this way because it allows the customers to choose their OS template rather then it being setup for all products. If you use the WHMCS module, you will have to create separate package for every OS template. That is why I chose to let the customer choose his/her OS during ordering.

Will the OS Chooser from what WHMCS created be working and useable in this version?

You cannot mix the two modules. Either you use the WHMCS module or you use the Enhanced module. It is not possible to have both (well, it is possible but is pointless).

And, how can i make it so the IP's that is pulled from HyperVM is included in the email sent by WHMCS ?

Preparing the e-mail templates is out of the scope of the module. You should read the manual to learn how WHMCS mail templates work and how to include config options and custom fields in them. To help you, here is what I use in my e-mail template in order to get the list of IPs: {$service_custom_fields.0}. But I always make sure that the ipaddresses custom field is the first in the list.

Best regards

Yes, that is correct. I did it this way because it allows the customers to choose their OS template rather then it being setup for all products. If you use the WHMCS module, you will have to create separate package for every OS template. That is why I chose to let the customer choose his/her OS during ordering.

WHMCS already includes and allow you to choose what OS to have during order and set it up automaticly... There is no need to setup a seperate package for each OS template at all..

My main question is, how does this work with your module? Is it the same way as WHMCS ? Or is the "command" lines you use somehow different?

http://wiki.whmcs.com/HyperVM

In the bottom you can see how the OS Chooser is already implented with WHMCS.... (Written by moi)

WHMCS already includes and allow you to choose what OS to have during order and set it up automaticly... There is no need to setup a seperate package for each OS template at all..

My main question is, how does this work with your module? Is it the same way as WHMCS ? Or is the "command" lines you use somehow different?

http://wiki.whmcs.com/HyperVM

In the bottom you can see how the OS Chooser is already implented with WHMCS.... (Written by moi)

Well I don't know how exactly WHMCS works in this case since I never used it. The Enhanced module uses the config option for OS templates to let the user choose his ostemplate.

Actually did you download the trial? Judging by your questions it seems to me that you do not have the module installed and haven't tried all its features ;-)

Best regards

I have it downloaded and i have it installed, but there is nothing that indicates how you setup the "OS Chooser" for the client..

So unless this is added by your module automaticly to the order form, then it's non existant.. I assume you need to add the OS Chooser like you add "disk|HDD" and "traffic|Bandwidth" ???

I have it downloaded and i have it installed, but there is nothing that indicates how you setup the "OS Chooser" for the client..

So unless this is added by your module automaticly to the order form, then it's non existant.. I assume you need to add the OS Chooser like you add "disk|HDD" and "traffic|Bandwidth" ???

Open the documentation and go to Create the Configurable Options for the product section. Scroll to item #5 and read :-)

Best regards