Alternative HyperVM Module

The new 1.2 version is out. These are the new features and fixes:

• New: When creating the VPS, automatically add the .vm suffix to the vpsname custom field if missing.
  • New: Automatically change the VPS parameters (memory, disk, traffic, central backup) during creation. This allows the VPS creation process to be fully automated.
  • Fix: Memory updating during Change Package did not work properly for Xen VPSes.

The documentation has also been updated. You can download the new package from the download link in the first post of this thread.

Best regards

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im interested in this module, I have one question.

Can the following option be turned off / On?

Customers can specify the name of their VPS

We use customers names for our vpsname.vm for example. and If customers can put anything in here then this would not be good for us.

Im interested in this module, I have one question.

Can the following option be turned off / On?

Customers can specify the name of their VPS

We use customers names for our vpsname.vm for example. and If customers can put anything in here then this would not be good for us.

If you do not want to allow your customers to specify the name of their VPS (as we actually do in our installation) then just simply do not create the vpsname custom field. It's that simple (and described in the documentation too) ;-)

Best regards

Can this module automatically create a VPS under a HyperVM RESELLER panel? Since there are quite a few host out there reselling OpenVZ or Xen VPS, they are usually added to the reseller panel of HyperVM, for the reseller to manage all resold VPS, and another normal HyperVM panel for the resold client to manage his VPS.

In short, a good example will be HyperVM Reseller Panel is like WHM, and the usual HyperVM is cPanel.

Can this module automatically create a VPS under a HyperVM RESELLER panel? Since there are quite a few host out there reselling OpenVZ or Xen VPS, they are usually added to the reseller panel of HyperVM, for the reseller to manage all resold VPS, and another normal HyperVM panel for the resold client to manage his VPS.

In short, a good example will be HyperVM Reseller Panel is like WHM, and the usual HyperVM is cPanel.

Well, it all depends on the username and password that are used to access HyperVM API. If you setup the server in WHMCS with the admin username and password then all VPSes will be added to the admin user. If you use the reseller username and password then they will be added to the reseller.

I have not tested this but it is very easy to test - you will just need to add a reseller and try to create a VPS for him.

Best regards

Hello,

Does there exist some kind of command to automate the process of adding multiple IPs ? So the user can order multiple IPs during the order process using the Configurable Options, and he will receive them automatic during sign up like all the other objects?

Hello,

Does there exist some kind of command to automate the process of adding multiple IPs ? So the user can order multiple IPs during the order process using the Configurable Options, and he will receive them automatic during sign up like all the other objects?

This question has been asked twice already in this thread and one of the people that asked about this was you :-). Currently I have nothing more to add to the answers I have provided - there is no such functionality in the module now but I can add it in a future version after carefully planning it.

Best regards

The new 1.3 version is out. These are the new features and fixes:

• New: The license file is now tied only to domain names. This will allow you to freely change the IP address of your server without the need of reissuing licenses.
  • New: The module now can use the Domain field of the product to compose a FQDN for the VPS.
  • New: The module now works for VPS resellers too (previously it worked for HyperVM administrators only).
  • Fix: The WHMCS cron job was not able to use the command line PHP due to some ionCube loader restrictions. Additionally using curl or GET caused some customers to experience server timeouts because of lengthy cron execution. These are now fixed.

I have sent the new licenses to all existing customers that have purchased the module.

Best regards

Preparing the e-mail templates is out of the scope of the module. You should read the manual to learn how WHMCS mail templates work and how to include config options and custom fields in them. To help you, here is what I use in my e-mail template in order to get the list of IPs: {$service_custom_fields.0}. But I always make sure that the ipaddresses custom field is the first in the list.

Best regards

This is what Matt told me when it didn't work

"If it's an admin only field it's not possible to include it in email templates currently."

I'm very interested in this module. But I would like to know if after purchase a license, do you provide me the necessary support to get it working and configure hypervm correctly too?

The module documentation is quite detailed and explains everything. Read it and see for yourself. But if you have troubles I can surely help.

Best regards

I'm very interested in this module. But I would like to know if after purchase a license, do you provide me the necessary support to get it working and configure hypervm correctly too?

Obviously you dont really expect him to help you configure hypervm, do you?

I do! Why not help? If you don't like to help and contribute with other users, this is all your problem, but if he wish help me, I will accept the help and say thank for that.

Well I could help you with HyperVM but this would be not because you would buy the module but because of willing to help. Which means I cannot take any commitments in this case ;-)

HyperVM configuration and support is out of the scope of my work regarding this module and I have my own business to run so I don't have much spare time.

And you can always find good help at the HyperVM forum.

Best regards

Edited by ddenev
some more info added

do you provide me the necessary support to get it working and configure hypervm correctly too?
LOL ! I can so see you strolling into a Ford garage saying, if I buy these wheel covers for my car, will you show me how to fit them, and also teach me how to drive ...

I'd highly suggest before you start trying to automate HyperVM or rely on any 3rd party tools (WHMCS/ThisModule/etc) that you learn enough to setup, configure and administrate your system with out them - it is a skill you *WILL* need.